- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
One UN Roster Driver
|Location :||Gaza, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES|
|Application Deadline :||08-Feb-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-2|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possible extension based on fund availability and performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UN Agencies active in Palestine (UN Country Team) requested the one UN HR group to establish a One UN Roster that is made of the most frequently required positions. The following 11 Generic Vacancy Announcements support the establishment of this One UN Roster. The Roster will be a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates, and it serves the purpose of fast-tracking recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the respective One UN Roster for a period of 24 months. While placement on the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is going to be an important resource for filling future vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement serves the purpose of creating a One UN Roster in Palestine. The Roster will be used to expedite the hiring of personnel whenever UNDP on request of an executing UN entity, or where UNDP itself needs personnel contracting services in the respective area.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement is exclusively intended for Driver Service Contract positions at SB 2 level in any UN entities operating in Palestine. The Driver provides driving services to Units, Consultants, Experts and UN staff on mission while ensuring full compliance with all of the UN and Host Government rules and regulations. The One UN Roster is a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the Driver SB 2 One UN Roster. While placement in the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provision of reliable and secure driving services
2. Proper use of vehicle
3. Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
4. Availability of documents/ supplies
5. Provide logistical/clerical support and other duties as required
1. Ensure provision of reliable, secure and client-oriented driving services by
a) driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
b) following and applying UN security rules and regulations while in the field: compliance with UNDSS requirements for travel, including radio checks, availability of flak Jackets, helmets, UN flags and marks
c) Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
d) demonstrating a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
2. Ensure proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans, and ensure that the vehicles are kept clean;
3. Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through performing minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.;
4. Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts, approved security clearances of staff, alerting UNDSS radio room ahead of planned field visits;
5. Provide logistical support and clerical assistance to operations and programme team when requested; outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients. Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor and on a timely manner.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Knowledge Management: Knowledge Curation
Development Effectiveness: Knowledge Management
Operations: Operational Efficiency
Security: Security and Safety (General)
Operations: Office Administration
Required Skills and Experience
Valid Public Bus driving license.
Minimum 3 years’ work experience as a driver;
Safe driving record;
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations;
Knowledge of local roads and security issues:
Basic skills in minor vehicle repairs
Fluency in Arabic and good knowledge of English.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UNDP Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from
UNDP P11 form (new Personal History form) (google.com) Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UNDP P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.