- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
One UN Roster Logistics Assistant
|Location :||Gaza, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES|
|Application Deadline :||08-Feb-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-2|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possible extension based on fund availability and performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UN Agencies active in Palestine (UN Country Team) requested the one UN HR group to establish a One UN Roster that is made of the most frequently required positions. The following 11 Generic Vacancy Announcements support the establishment of this One UN Roster. The Roster will be a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates, and it serves the purpose of fast-tracking recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the respective One UN Roster for a period of 24 months. While placement on the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is going to be an important resource for filling future vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement serves the purpose of creating a One UN Roster in Palestine. The Roster will be used to expedite the hiring of personnel whenever UNDP on request of an executing UN entity, or where UNDP itself needs personnel contracting services in the respective area.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement is exclusively intended for Logistics Assistant Service Contract positions at SB2 level in any UN entities operating in Palestine. The Logistics Assistant ensures effective and efficient functioning of the logistic services within the Organization, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignments, and compliance with organizational rules and procedures. The One UN Roster is a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the Logistics Assistant SB2 One UN Roster. While placement in the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions (The functions are generic and therefore not inclusive of all duties nor are all duties carried out by all Administrative Assistants):
1. Implement standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities
2. Inventory monitoring
3. Maintain/process documentation and reporting
1. Implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services
• Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of goods and services
• Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
• Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
• Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
• Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a customer service mind-set.
2. Contribute inventory monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
• Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
• Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
• Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
3. Maintain / process documentation and reporting:
• Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), and take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues/ escalate issues to the supervisor, as needed.
• Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support of informed decision-making.
Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Operations: Office Administration
Operations: Operational Efficiency
Knowledge Management: Knowledge Curation
Required Skills and Experience
BA degree in Logistics, Business administration and certification in logistics/supply chain is desirable.
Minimum 3 years relevant experience in logistics / supply chain.
Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, and insurance claims.
Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
Experience in assisting in the preparation of contract documentation.
Familiarity with UN administrative and financial regulations, rules and procedures would be an asset.
Fluency in both Arabic and English
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UNDP Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from
UNDP P11 form (new Personal History form) (google.com) Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UNDP P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.