- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
One UN Roster Operations Associate
|Location :||Gaza, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES|
|Application Deadline :||08-Feb-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possible extension based on fund availability and performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UN Agencies active in Palestine (UN Country Team) requested the one UN HR group to establish a One UN Roster that is made of the most frequently required positions. The following 11 Generic Vacancy Announcements support the establishment of this One UN Roster. The Roster will be a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates, and it serves the purpose of fast-tracking recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the respective One UN Roster for a period of 24 months. While placement on the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is going to be an important resource for filling future vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement serves the purpose of creating a One UN Roster in Palestine. The Roster will be used to expedite the hiring of personnel whenever UNDP on request of an executing UN entity, or where UNDP itself needs personnel contracting services in the respective area.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement is exclusively intended for Operations Associate Service Contract positions at SB3 level in any UN entities operating in Palestine. The One UN Roster is a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the Operations Associate SB3 One UN Roster. While placement in the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Financial management of projects
2. Timeliness of project/programme delivery.
3. Quality service delivery provided to operational projects.
4. Smooth operations and compliance with security regulations.
1. Financial management of projects (budget expenses and forecasts continually updated):
• Assist with the management of the project budget and prepares revisions as required.
• Assist in liaising with HQ units related to finance and procurement, as and when required.
• Monitor the availability of funds under all projects; ensure financial commitments and expenditures are accurate and consistent with established guidelines; monitor/approve field expenditures, verify/approve invoices and ensure projects’ budgets are always up to date.
• Forecast and monitor annual programme delivery, estimate and monitor the Office’s administrative and perational support budget earnings and expenditure.
2. Timeliness of project/programme delivery:
• Review that relevant corporate Project Cycle Management guidelines are applied in all phases of project management and propose actions and corrective measures if necessary.
• Facilitate procurement, partnerships, recruitment and budget management in line with FAO’s rules and regulations in support of the ongoing projects and facilitates the running of the FAO’s offices in Jerusalem, Ramallah (West Bank) and Gaza City (Gaza Strip).
• Assist in liaising with HQ units related to donor liaison, legal matters, partnerships, security and technical specialties as and when required.
• Assist programme personnel in the preparation of project work plans, monitor progress and, where necessary, identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints.
3. Quality service delivery provided to operational projects:
• Support coordination of actions related to timely field project completion/closure, including identification of project follow-up requirements.
• Ensure the quality of data/documentation in the corporate system for all pipeline and operational field projects.
• Assist in liaising with other UN Organizations, as well as relevant authorities and partners to obtain/exchange information and ensure coordination for necessary interventions.
• Participate in project teams, collaborates in new project formulation and provide technical and/or administrative support to ongoing operational projects.
• Support day-to-day running of the office; assist in optimizing the management of the Office’s premises and vehicles, the allocation of space and the provision of services for the maintenance of premises and the vehicle fleet.
4. Smooth operations and compliance with security regulations:
• Review compliance with UNDSS security requirements for personnel, premises and assets and propose actions and corrective measures if necessary.
Perform other related duties as required.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Finance/Accounting: Financial Planning and Budgeting
Finance/Accounting: Financial Management
Development Effectiveness: Project Management
Development Effectiveness: Knowledge Management
Required Skills and Experience
University degree from a recognized university in public administration, business administration, economics, political sciences, development studies or a closely related field.
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the field of development is required.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Fluency in both Arabic and English, written and spoken