- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
One UN Roster Project Assistant
|Location :||Gaza, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES|
|Application Deadline :||08-Feb-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possible extension based on fund availability and performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UN Agencies active in Palestine (UN Country Team) requested the one UN HR group to establish a One UN Roster that is made of the most frequently required positions. The following 11 Generic Vacancy Announcements support the establishment of this One UN Roster. The Roster will be a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates, and it serves the purpose of fast-tracking recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the respective One UN Roster for a period of 24 months. While placement on the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is going to be an important resource for filling future vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement serves the purpose of creating a One UN Roster in Palestine. The Roster will be used to expedite the hiring of personnel whenever UNDP on request of an executing UN entity, or where UNDP itself needs personnel contracting services in the respective area.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement is exclusively intended for Project Assistant Service Contract positions at SB3 level in any UN entities operating in Palestine. The One UN Roster is a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the Project Assistant SB3 One UN Roster. While placement in the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administrative support to the project team
2. Quality service provided to projects
3. Maintain filing and records keeping of project documents
1. Provide administrative support to the project team:
• Prepare purchase orders and vouchers;
• Draft letters and faxes in both English and Arabic;
• Filing, editing, and formatting documents;
• Ensure prompt compiling, copying and distribution of programme reports, updates and other relevant information.
• Assist with the translation of documents from English to Arabic and vice versa.
• Assist in the monitoring of schedules and timetables
• Supervise the administration of travel, claims, petty cash, and accounts
• Receive inquiries, requests for information as necessary and refer inquiries to appropriate programme personnel for handling
• Provide administrative and logistical support and back up to the Programme staff, including but not limited to organizing workshops, meetings, events etc, both internal and external
2. Quality service provided to projects:
• Liaise with the programme team and national counterparts to facilitate project requirements.
• Draft reports reflecting a high standard of English and proficiency in Word and Excel
• Review incoming narrative and financial reports in close cooperation with the Project Manager.
• Maintain and update the joint programme reporting schemes and matrices.
• Draft, edit and distribute minutes when requested.
• Liaise with (Programme/Operations) on all administrative and logistical issues related to the projects, especially with regards to arranging meetings, requesting documents, etc.
• Manage subcontracts and other project-related transactions, ensuring updated records.
• Follow up with government and non-government partners on submission of quarterly financial reports
• Assist the Programme staff in preparation of detailed budget work plans and official payment requests to donors.
• Support in drafting the delivery and procurement plan for the Programme
• Assist in tracking project expenditures and keep the programme manager informed regarding budget expenditures and delivery status.
3. Maintain filing and records keeping of project documents:
• Maintain records of project files and other support documents in hard and soft copies.
Perform other related duties as required.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Operations: Office Administration
Operations: Operational Efficiency
Development Effectiveness: Project Management
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, finance, economics, political sciences, social sciences or related field.
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web based management systems are required.
Familiarity with UN administrative and financial regulations, rules and procedures would be an asset.
Fluency in both Arabic and English, written and spoken
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UNDP Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from
UNDP P11 form (new Personal History form) (google.com) Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UNDP P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.