- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Yangon, Myanmar|
|Application Deadline :||17-Feb-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||possibility to extend|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Programme Finance Assistant will assume the Programme Management Support and responsibility to support various tasks related to Implementing Partner’s financial management and the financial support of the overall Programme Support in close cooperation with Programme Unit as well as with the Operations team in the Myanmar Country Office
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Programme Management Support
2. Provide finance support to the Programme/Operations Unit with financial resources management and controls
3. Administrative Support to the Programme/Operations Unit
4. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing between country office colleagues focusing on achievement of the following results:
Required Skills and Experience
• Completion of secondary education is required.
• University degree (or equivalent) in Business, Finance or Accounting or related field is an asset.
• 5 years of progressively responsible experience with Programme Management Support.
• Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages. Experience in working with ATLAS is an advantage.
• Work experience in administrative support of development programme/project is an advantage.
• Work experience supporting budgetary processes and financial tracking is required.
• Work experience within the UN system is an asset.
Fluency in English and Myanmar language is required.