UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
A flagship initiative of UN Women, the HeForShe solidarity movement is an international platform that invites and engages men and boys to complement the work of the women’s movement and create an equal world for all. Men hold a disproportionate level of power across cultures globally, but they remain largely absent from the gender equality conversation. Similar to other human rights and social justice movements like Black Lives Matter and LGBTQIA+ equality, gender equality requires action and allyship across all of society. HeForShe invites men and boys to build on the work of the women’s movement as equal partners, crafting and implementing a shared vision of gender equality that will benefit all of humanity. For more information, visit http://www.heforshe.org/en
The UN Women HeForShe initiative is looking for a Partnerships Intern to support in the recruitment of new partners for the HeForShe Alliance. This position will play a key role in the recruitment and successful onboarding of HeForShe Alliance partners through providing diligent research and support to HeForShe’s Partnerships manager. The Partnerships Intern will have varied responsibilities and will be relied on to confidently execute with timeliness and consistency, in addition to working in an open and collaborative way with other company functions including due diligence, operations, and prospect research. A good working knowledge of the private sector as well as stakeholder engagement is essential to performing this challenging role. Working in a dynamic environment, the Partnership Intern will also be an efficient time manager capable of juggling a variety of project deadlines.
A selected candidate unable to report to the advertised duty station due to the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may be approved to undertake this internship remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential job functions:
- Conduct research to jointly identify strategies, opportunities and market trends with partners
- Update and maintain partner profiles according to changing/shifting partner priorities, areas of focus on country strategies;
- Monitor, research and follow-up on relevant documents and policies (press releases, working documents;
- Support follow up on country specific partnerships and joint communication opportunities, including facilitating organization of events, meetings and workshops, as appropriate.
- Support the updating of stakeholder strategy and plan, as well as relevant engagement with UN Women offices
- Contribute to the development and drafting of concept notes, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Support the coordination of annual report development including documentation and data reviews
- Support in the planning and coordination of virtual events
Performs other tasks as required by the supervisor and project team.
Core Values and Guiding Principles:
Respect for diversity:
Commitment to Learning:
Planning and Organizing:
Required Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business, International Relations, Economics, Development or other related field required.
- Enrollment in a Masters-level program is preferred
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, as well as strong analytical aptitude and communication skills;
- Ability to manage workload with minimum supervision and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues while meeting deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: being able to listen and collaborate with a wide range of players, being able to work independently, being pro-active and taking initiative;
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiency: MS Office;
- English and French are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat;
For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.