- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Website Design and Development Consultant
|Location :||Home based (telecommuting)|
|Application Deadline :||05-Mar-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||2d 10h 26m|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English Russian|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||40 working days|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||March – June 2021|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
This UN Multi-Partner Human Security Trust Fund for the Aral Sea region in Uzbekistan (MPHSTF) was established in 2018 under the aegis of the United Nations. It serves as a unique unified platform for international development cooperation and the mobilization of donor resources to implement integrated measures to address the negative consequences of the Aral Sea catastrophe. Its core objectives focus on mitigating inter-connected risks to human security, resilience-building of communities affected by the Aral Sea Disaster through an integrated and multi-level approach and to maintain the ecological balance in the Aral Sea basin. The MPHSTF is financed through joint funding from the participating UN agencies and the UN Human Security Trust Fund. The establishment of the MPHSTF is in line with Government priorities as defined in the State Programme on the development of the Aral Sea region for 2017-2021.
The strategy of the MPHSTF is two-fold:
The MPHSTF is governed by a Steering Committee and supported by a Technical Secretariat. Dialogue with key representatives of other donors, government organizations, and civil society networks are held by the Steering Committee periodically to foster cooperation and a shared vision.
In order to ensure good programming, the MPHSTF is supported by the Technical Secretariat. It provides technical, operational, and administrative support to the MPHSTF Steering Committee and works under its overall guidance.
The Technical Secretariat supports the entire programming cycle of the MPHSTF with a workplan and budget reviewed annually by the Steering Committee. The Technical Secretariat also provides advice and quality control over the MPHSTF implementation and coordinates the meetings. It facilitates collaboration and communication between the Government of Uzbekistan, Participating UN Organizations, contributing donors, and the co-chairs of the MPHSTF. It develops and implements a resource mobilization strategy to attract investments from other donors. The Technical Secretariat will supervise the implementation of interventions that are context-specific and rely on available local assets and resources thereby empowering the participating communities.
More specifically, for this assignment, MPHSTF is seeking a Website Design and Development Consultant to upgrade an existing web site of the Aral Sea MPHSTF, add user friendly features, integrate donation platform among others specified.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Individual Web Design and Development Consultant will work under the oversight and guidance of the Head of the MPHSTF Technical Secretariat, and in close cooperation with the relevant programme staff. An incumbent will undertake the following within the indicated components:
I. Redesign of the current Aral Sea MPHSTF website
Based on global best practices, redesign the current Aral Sea MPHSTF website in alignment with the UN Brand and in accordance with the comprehensive communications, branding, and marketing strategy to be developed for the Aral Sea MPHSTF.
As a repository of information about the Aral Sea MPHSTF, the website must be designed to be comprehensive and accurate yet user-friendly and engaging. The Web Design and Developer Consultant is likewise expected to perform the following:
1. Improve existing site layout, graphics designs etc., and develop innovative new designs for the MPHSTF website (aral.mptf.uz)
2. Develop a layout and structure for the dynamic website, capturing the latest trends for website presentations which is responsive, compatible, and easily accessible to most common devices and browsers (i.e., desktops, mobiles, and other handheld devices, as well as Chrome, Safari, and Firefox browsers, and iOS and Android devices)
3.The website should have the following features:
4. Add new features to the website:
5.Implement the approved design and functions on an easy-to-use and easy-to-maintain Wordpress template (or its equivalent), ensuring ease-of-use of its content management system for future updates
6.Integrate social linking and sharing of the website to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
7.Set up the necessary search engine optimization (SEO), meta tags and descriptions, and analytics codes, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc., to ensure optimal searchability and visibility on search engines;
8. Obtain an SSL certificate for the website
9. Accepted site should be fully tested and independent from linking to local/test platform
10. Stay updated with technological and software developments to recommend the use of best-practice products, widgets, application, etc.
11. Continuously update the website as needed, for the duration of this Agreement
12. Continuously test website updates to anticipate or spot errors, and work efficiently to address these
13/ Maintain software documentation, as is applicable
14. Develop a user-guide for the website and train relevant staff on how to manage content
II. Other Outstanding Activities
1. Collaborate with internal/external teams, as needed, to execute the Aral Sea MPHSTF website in line with the communications strategy, plan, and timelines
2.Ensure the website is of the highest technical standards in the areas of content, design, and impact
3.Liaise with national and international payment systems operators such as but not limited to Click, Payme, Humo, Uzcard, Visa, Master card
4. Pitch ideas confidently and present website design and development vision clearly to the MPHSTF Technical Secretariat and other key stakeholders
5. Collaborate on a regular basis with other team members and stakeholders within the MPHSTF Technical Secretariat
6. Any other duties within the scope of the ToR.
Required Skills and Experience
I. Academic Qualifications:
II. Years of experience: