- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||Freetown, SIERRA LEONE|
|Application Deadline :||14-Apr-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||2d 11h 10m|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||English French|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||31st December 2021|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the direct supervision of the UN Women Finance Associate, the Operations Assistant provides the overall administrative support and carries out varied and inter-related operational and financial activities ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Operations Assistant is results and client oriented producing administrative services of the highest quality in a timely and proactive fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Administration and implementation of operational support services
2. Budgetary and financial administration support
3. Human Resources Management services support
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
The key results have an impact on the overall Country Office efficiency and success in implementation of operational strategies as they relate to the use of corporate resources. The results also impact on staff morale within the Country Office.
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
A Master in Business Administration, Finance or related field would be an asset
• At least five years of solid experience in Accounts and Financial management. Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) essential.
• Experience of working with international donor agency is an asset.
• Understanding of budgeting, accounting and bookkeeping, particularly under NEX procedures.
• Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset;
• Working experience in the field is added advantage.
• Good Knowledge of Atlas is highly desirable.
Fluency in English French