- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Location :||Riyadh, SAUDI ARABIA|
|Application Deadline :||06-May-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Management|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-4|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||Six Month with possible extension|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Six Month|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Cognizant of the potential benefits of Reimbursable Technical Assistance (RTA), IFAD Executive Board (EB) approved in September 2012 the use of RTAs as an additional instrument to cater to the needs of eligible member countries. Later on, RTA Operational Procedures were issued to provide the framework for RTA implementation at IFAD.
IFAD’s first RTA approved following the above-mentioned procedures is the ongoing RTA agreement signed with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) in February 2018. Highly anchored to the Saudi Arabia’s National Transformation Programme (NTP), the RTA project contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda in the country by supporting the development of two value chains (coffee and mango) in the Jazan province.?
The project combines an area-based investment approach coupled with the provision of sector-wide policy advisory services. A RTA Project Office for project implementation is established in Jazan, with a team made up of international and local consultants (specialists with expertise ranging from agronomy to marketing and financial and procurement management).
Signed in 2018 for a three-year implementation period, current RTA is expected to be extended until September 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior/Lead Partnership Officer, AGL, the clerk is expected to work full-time and be based at the AGL Office in Riyadh. S/he will provide clerical support to his/her Supervisor within the framework of current RTA project with KSA.?
Main responsibilities of the clerk are as follows:??
• Liaise with UNDP designated officers to follow up on the status of services provided to the RTA project under the SLA agreement;
• Liaise with the RTA field team based in Jazan to solve any issues related to office logistical support;
• Contact potentials services providers (internet, insurance, cleaning services, car maintenance, …)? to enquire about their services and collect price quotes as needed;
• Archive all in-coming and out-going correspondence and documents related to the RTA project;
• Work under the guidance of his/her Supervisor to liaise with the Saudi Ministries of Agriculture and Finance regarding? the status of RTA payments and provide any needed follow-up information/documentation;
• Support the issuance of visa and permit stays for visiting IFAD staff and experts involved in the implementation? of the RTA project;
• Contribute to drafting letters and memos in Arabic under the oversight of his/her Supervisor;?
• Perform any other needed clerical assignments related to the RTA project.
Fluency in Arabic language and working knowledge of English are required.
• Smooth delivery of all clerical activities assigned under the RTA project.
- Daily until end of the assignment
Required Skills and Experience