- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Internal Audit Intern
|Advertised on behalf of :|
|Location :||New York|
|Application Deadline :||10-May-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Internal Audit Service (IAS) of the Independent Evaluation and Audit Services (IEAS) is responsible for internal audit services to UN Women. IAS provides independent, objective assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls. It manages the internal audit services for UN Women covering its Headquarters and offices away from headquarters.
In support of the IAS’ implementation of its 2021 audit plans, IAS seeks to engage a qualified intern.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of IAS, the selected intern will support audit and advisory assignments in UN Women, in a manner consistent with applicable policies. The intern will carry out the following responsibilities:
• Participate in multi-disciplinary audit teams, and contribute as a team member to the specific assignments to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Organization’s internal controls, risk management and governance, (e.g. project/programme/function/office) by performing value for money and compliance audit, advisory, inspection, or special reviews.
• Prepare electronic working papers that support audit findings and recommendations;
• Organize and draft inputs for audit reports;
• Undertake specific research, studies and reviews, as assigned;
• Contribute to IAS’ capacity development activities;
• Perform other related duties as required.
1. Learning about audit and implementation of gender equality programmes in an international environment;
2. Enhanced capacity for gender-responsive audit
3. Increased understanding of UN Women’s work and the UN system;
4. Meeting with UN Women colleagues in other units and the broad UN community;
5. Work as a team member in a multicultural setting.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:
Required Skills and Experience
Interns who are not in receipt of financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UN Women to partially subsidize their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.