Internship Open to Indian Nationals Only
UNDP India has worked since 1951 in almost all areas of human development, from systems and institutional strengthening to inclusive growth and sustainable livelihoods, as well as sustainable energy, environment and resilience.
UNDP aims at empowering women and youth from marginalised communities with skills and livelihood opportunities to reduce income inequalities across the country with a key focus on strengthening skilling, career counselling and improving job readiness and industry connects for young people building entrepreneurship skills and providing psycho-social support to rural women. UNDP works with the Government of India, state government departments, public and private sector to improve the overall economic well-being of marginalised communities with a focus on youth and women and with the larger agenda to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNDP’s approach in India has been to develop and sustain strategic partnerships that find innovative solutions to address gaps on both the demand and supply side of development processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prime responsibilities of the intern including reporting lines.
UNDP India is seeking an HR Intern with relevant experience to provide support to the HR Unit in order to meet a few critical delivery deadlines initially for a three month period starting June 2021. The assignment will be home based.
The assignment is required to focus on the following areas under the guidance of the HR Head and working in consultation and as part of the HR team.
- Support the HR team in recruitment and selection process and ensure transparent and competitive recruitment selection and placement processes.
- Work on e-recruit system, upload vacancies, discuss publishing of vacancy announcement in e-recruit. Ensure outreach of key vacancies including to all UN groups within India e.g. OMT and the bilateral and multilateral HR network.
- Liaise with hiring units for long-short listing of applicants. Support in administering written tests.
- Prepare interview documents for panel members. Liaise with applicants and efficiently manage last minute changes, if required.
- Organize interview panels, administer virtual interview using zoom platform, for interviews held from remote location.
- Secure documentation from external consultant and hiring unit for candidate selection/approvals; write regret letters to unsuccessful candidates and handover of completed recruitment cases to HR focal point for e-filing.
Staff Development and Training
- Support in ensuring 100% compliance in completion rate of mandatory courses by all staff in UNDP India.
- Follow up with all staff on completion of mandatory training by creating group wise learning sessions, giving one-on-one tutorials if required for urgent cases.
- Support in onboarding exercise to new joinees. Update and revise orientation material e.g. PPT and links.
- Support in undertaking a ‘needs assessment survey’ to help develop the whole office learning plan (WOLP) 2021; Work in close consultation with HR Head and with Learning Committee to support the roll out of WOLP.
- Support on other learning and training activities and regularly update learning activities in the yearly learning planner.
- Support HR Head on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) training, including development of new activities linking training on PSEA needs for all, and quick research on UN papers and policy on PSEA.
- Any other business as applicable.
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
(c) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
(d) Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Strong commitment to promoting gender equality, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good command in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as handling web-based applications.
- Fluency in English and working language of the duty station.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE/ HOW TO APPLY :
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
The completed “Internship Intern Form” available on the UNDP India website at Internship Intern Form (available at: Jobs/Internships | UNDP in India) should be completed along with a current and detailed Resume.
Please group the above two documents into one (1) single PDF document and upload document.
Candidates who are selected must submit the following documents, upon selection: :
Official letter from the University confirming enrollment in their undergraduate or graduate-level degree programme;
Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have medical and life insurance.
Kindly note, UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months.
Interns may be given a stipend according to UNDP Internship Policy, if it is not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government foundation or scholarship programme. A stipend intended to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station. The stipend will be paid on a monthly basis and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of the internship. UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship. Interns must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan.
Interns are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for education programmes.
The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.
Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
The purpose of the internship is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship. The intern will be evaluated at the end of the internship.
IMPORTANT: Family relationships are required to be disclosed in order to avoid real or perceived family influence or conflict of interest, within UNDP. If the candidate/ hiring manager has not disclosed that he/she was related to an individual employed by UNDP in whatever contractual modality and irrespective of the nature of the family relationship, this may constitute a basis for withdrawing the offer of internship or, if the internship has started, to terminate it without notice or indemnity.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual Exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
All selected candidates will be required to undergo rigorous reference and background checks.