- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
One UN Roster Architect
|Location :||West Bank or East Jerusalem, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES|
|Application Deadline :||02-Jun-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-4|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possible extension based on fund availability and performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UN Agencies active in Palestine (UN Country Team) requested the one UN HR group to establish a One UN Roster that is made of the most frequently required positions. The following
Generic Vacancy Announcements support the establishment of this One UN Roster. The Roster will be a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates, and it serves the purpose of fast-tracking recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the respective One UN Roster for a period of 24 months. While placement on the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is going to be an important resource for filling future vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE COMPLETED UNDP P-11 FORM WILL BE TREATED AS INCOMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
UNDP P11 form (new Personal History form) (google.com) Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement serves the purpose of creating a One UN Roster in Palestine. The Roster will be used to expedite the hiring of personnel whenever a UN entity/Agency in the State of Palestine needs personnel contracting services in the respective area.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement is exclusively intended for Architect Service Contract positions at SB4 level in any UN entities operating in Palestine. The One UN Roster is a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the Architect Roster. While placement in the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions (The functions are generic and therefore not inclusive of all duties nor are all duties carried out by all Architects):
1. Architectural Planning for projects
2. Reporting and meetings participation
3. Maintain accurate project documentation
4. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Architectural planning: provide technical support for construction projects
- The Architect is responsible for assisting with all Architecture management tasks required to ensure timely, cost effective, safe and quality delivery of the projects.
- Prepare architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical drawings including plans, sections, elevations, details and other layouts as instructed by the Project Manager
- Conduct site visits to assist the Project Engineer(s) in completing surveys / assessment works.
- Responsible for the standardization of drawings and the application through CAD software’s in accordance with standards and specifications of the applicable architectural and engineering code and guidelines of the UNDP.
- Review of drawings under the instructions and supervision of the technical staff and prepare changes, amendments and any other details required.
- Check the engineering drawings of prepared projects before tendering and ensure that they comply with UN guidelines, and facilitate their use and interpretation during the execution of the project.
- Using CAD software’s in such a proficient manner in order to standardize drawing details and dimensions in sound engineering clarity and standards, and without discrepancies
- Provide assistance, as needed, in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and the drawings for architectural and engineering works through application of Auto-CAD whenever required within the UNDP projects.
- Translation written/spoken Arabic, English
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by the supervisor.
2. Reporting and participation at coordination meetings
- Participate in regular site coordination meetings with all technical project personnel, counterpart engineers, contractors, and suppliers to discuss project matters, and prepare the minutes of such meetings ;
- Issue site instruction memos to contractors for any technical matter related to the construction works or to any matter related to the safety of the works or personnel at the project site.
- Review and checking the as-built drawings for the completed works.
- Enhance the management structures and help to improve or establish communication and coordination mechanisms and procedures among the various stakeholders.
- Maintain close cooperation and coordination with other implementing agencies in target locations.
3. Maintain accurate project documentation
- Ensure proper filing on site for all correspondence, minutes of sites meetings, equipment and material submissions, site instructions, information and drawings issued subsequent to the start of the contract, as well as clarifications and interpretations of the contract documents and any other related documents
- Ensure accurate maintenance of the project documentation including any variations and adjustments made during the project implementation
- Maintains detailed documentation of all architectural planning activities
4. Perform other duties within the functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Development Effectiveness: Project Management
Operations: Resource Allocation
Management Solutions: Quality Assurance
People Management: Communications
Required Skills and Experience
B.Sc. Degree in Architecture, design, drafting or a related field from an accredited university.
Fluency in both Arabic and English, written and spoken.