- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
UNDSS Northwest Syria - Field Security Associate -Two positions- one in Hatay, one in Gaziantep
|Location :||Gaziantep and Hatay, TURKEY|
|Application Deadline :||25-Jun-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||one year with possible extension based on the satisfactory performance and availability of funding.|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Northwest Syria Security Adviser (SA), the Field Security Associate assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UN personnel in northwest Syria.
There are two positions under this vacancy, one position is located in Gaziantep, and one position is located in Hatay.
The expected result is to effectively and independently support the accurate and timely implementation of the overall UN security programme at the country level for northwest Syria.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists the SA in collecting, updating, and communicating information regarding the security situation in northwest Syria:
2. Assists in maintaining Security Plans and procedures, the concept of operations for missions, and other related security documentation for cross border missions in close coordination with the Security Adviser and the Security Cell:
3. Assists with the monitoring of the security measures implementation as recommended in the Security Risk Management (SRM) process for northwest Syria
4. Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN and humanitarian personnel, offices, and assets, and assists in the preparation of security reports and other security assessments.
5. Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness and providing security orientation to UN and humanitarian personnel.
6. Performs other security-related tasks:
7. Provides general administrative assistance:
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
“ A letter of interest, a UN Personal History Form (P11) in https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_file.cfm?doc_id=221005 filled in English, and a CV must be attached as one document to the application.” Please indicate which location you are applying for Gaziantep or Hatay.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At the end of the selection process, instead of a Service Contract, the newly introduced NPSA (National Personnel Service Agreement) will be given to the selected candidates.
Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that;