- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
[Re-Advertisement] IC/UNDP/SPOI/106/2021 - LTA – National GIS Consultant to calculate the GHG emission reduction for SPOI/GGP project
|Location :||HOME BASED, INDONESIA|
|Application Deadline :||30-Jun-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||105 working days|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
1. Analyze baseline conditions and make an overview analysis of spatial plan and other sustainable/ conservation related policy in three-district pilot and establish a baseline scenario and projection to 2042:
a. Review the existing documents on:
b. Identify sources of data and approach to obtain the data.
c. Identify and prioritize the conservation/ sustainable spatial plan measures and actions as well as the emission reduction potential with the latest available information.
d. Interpreting the high-resolution satellite imagery to identify the land cover of the three-districts pilot, at least 1: 50,000 scale maps according to expert criteria to be provided by project team.
e. Identify the most reliable source(s) for a description of a scenario for each regulation up to 2042. The consultant shall not develop a new scenario. The task is to review development plans with eyes of how they impact emissions of greenhouse gases.
f. Develop and documentation of a consistent Geographical Information and Database in close cooperation and coordination with the Environment and Policy Officer, local government, and Responsible Partner (IPB).
2. Together with Landscape Coordinator and Environment and Policy Officer, identify possible measures and actions to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases based on GEF Core Indicator and FAO EX-ACT:
3. Propose indirect contribution of GHG (Greenhouse Gas) emission reduction targets in other landscape area.
Expected Outputs and deliverables
Required Skills and Experience
I. Academic Qualifications:
II. Required Experience: