- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Global Call : Digital Transformation Internship
|Location :||Home based|
|Application Deadline :||30-Jul-22 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||25d 14h 28m|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||3 Months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||3- 6 months|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the development arm of the United Nations. Present in 170 countries with over 17,000 people, UNDP works on the world’s biggest problems: extreme poverty, climate change, good governance, renewable energy, crisis prevention, and women’s empowerment, among others.
The recently approved UNDP Strategic Plan 2022-2025 highlights the importance of digital as one of the key enablers to achieve UNDP’s mandate. UNDP’s Digital Strategy 2022-2025 builds upon the Strategic Plan and puts forth a vision whereby digital is an empowering force for people and the planet, in which the implementation of digital public goods is a strategic priority for enabling inclusive digital ecosystems globally.
UNDP’s digital transformation focuses on developing the organization’s capability to leverage existing, emerging and future digital technologies and the opportunities they offer to profoundly improve the way UNDP creates and delivers value and benefits for those we serve; UNDP’s recently finalized Digital Strategy 2022-2025 guides these efforts and builds off UNDP’s extensive range of digital initiatives spanning the country, regional, and global levels.
The position of Digital transformation Intern will be part of the team under the Chief Digital Officer( CDO).
Please note that the start date is negotiable. Please read the instructions carefully to complete your applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
The interested candidate will work in one of the workstreams mentioned below. Please indicate in your application which workstream you have the most expertise and interest in and additionally fill this form Workstream Interest form
Workstream 1: Digital development
Workstream2: Thought leadership & Knowledge Management
Workstream 3 : Future Smart UNDP
Workstream 4 : Internal Digital Communications
Workstream 5: Strategic partnerships
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
· The application should contain:
*Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows you to upload a maximum of one document.*
In case an applicant is successfully selected, s/he will be requested to provide electronic versions of:
UNDP Terms & Conditions for Internship
· In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
· Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
· Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring the government or institutions.
· UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship.
· The intern must provide proof of enrollment in a health insurance plan.
· Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, please allow 2 business days for the team to get back to you