The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) works to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. In Viet Nam, the Government and UNDP partnership officially started in 1978. Since then, UNDP has been working closely with the Government and other partners to expand the choices for people and ensure that everyone has equal access to opportunities to realize their full potentials.
The UNDP Vienam Programme portfolio consists of a mix of national implementation and direct agency implementation. In the 2022-2026 period, in adjustment to Vietnam’s Lower Middle-Income context and the overall transition of ODA assistance that is underway, the UN will adjust its assistance to the new environment. UNDP in its new Country Programme will see a gradual transition of its programme portfolio to the new forms of partnerships and new programming processes. Programme governance, management and administration will therefore require a high degree of flexibility and agility, with a focus on contribution to offering high quality policy advisory and project implementation services.
The Country Programme Document 2022-2026 includes a large portfolio of Climate Change and Environment (CCE), with an estimated budget of 71 million USD. The CCE team are implementing more than 20 on-going projects and formulating some new projects for submission to GEF, GCF and donors. UNDP apply more Direct Implementation Modality (DIM) in management and implementation of projects and activities, which requires admin and paper work support form Intern.
The Programme Intern (Admin and Finance support) will have opportunities to participate and learn from programme management system and administrative activities of UNDP under the guidance/support of Programme Associate. S/he provides support to 4 Programme Associates of the Climate Change and Environment Unit to deliver portfolio projetcs. Under overall guidance and reports directly to the Programme Associate in charge. The Programme Intern works directly and agree daily tasks with UNDP’s Programme Associates (PAs) in charge of programs/projects, and collaborates with UNDP programme and operations staff, staff in the CO and UNDP HQs/Regional levels, relevant staff of development partners.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under overall guidance and direct supervision of Programme Associate, the National Intern is expected to undertake the following activities:
1. Contribute to the organisation of the project’s events/Workshops.
- Provide support to organise virtually/in-person trainings, workshops, meetings...(i.e.: send invitation, liaison with participants, photocopy of related materials, minute note-taker for trainings, workshop, meetings)
- Support for logistic arrangement for meeting participant’s visits, field travel/visit following UNDP’s policy (i.e.: contact meeting participants, invitation, visa, booking flight, hotel, car…)
- Support to collect required documents for pre and post travel (vendor form, bank proof, ID card, boarding pass, receipt…)
- Provide interpretation for non-Vietnamese UNDP staff and international consultant at informal meetings and events
2. Provide admin and finance support to management and implementation of the CO projects
- Photocopies and scans documents, filing as needed
- Supports to effective Procurement and Contract management process:
- Prepare procurement request/Event request, review and cross-check with Procurement to ensure all quotations is reasonable and within costnorm;
- Call for quotation(s) and comparison for Micro Purchase cases
- Manage due date of contract and payment term, alert PA for timely taking action
- Supports to effective Finance management process:
- Support to check the correctness, properness and validity of all financial documents such as receipts, invoices, payment requests…
- Prepare Certification of Payment or Non-PO payment; review and cross-check with contract to ensure all deliverables are well receive and inline with signed contract…
- Translate documents from Vietnamese to English and vice versa
- Performs other activities as assigned.
UNDP is seeking candidates with the following personal qualities:
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
- Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Good writing and oral presentation skills;
- Initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development, particularly in the area of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation;
- Demonstrated research and analytical capacity;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks, with tight deadlines;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
Fluent English and Vietnamese are required — the deliverables must be presented in either or both languages according to the audience.
Intern at the time of application must meet one of the following conditions:
- Bachelor’s degree (if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation) or final year in finance/accounting, business administration, or related
- Have an essential knowledge on Microsoft Office (Excel, Word. Power-point, etc.)
- Willing to learn new things
- Have positive attitudes, enthusiasm, and be interested in working as a team
- Independent and well-organized with good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and handle multi-tasks
- Excellent ability to use basic computer software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.