UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Women Country Office (CO) Kazakhstan is based in Nur-Sultan. CO programming includes support to Government and civil society organizations in the development and implementation of innovative approaches aimed at achieving gender equality and women’s empowerment. In Kazakhstan, UN Women supports efforts of the national partners and UN agencies in implementation of gender equality commitments in compliance with the UN human rights conventions ratified by Kazakhstan. It provides strong and coherent technical support of gender equality priorities in national and UN efforts and support to build effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors. It strengthens coordination on gender equality and women’s empowerment programming and enhances cooperation for gender responsive post-2015 development agenda’s implementation (Sustainable Development Goals, focusing on SDG 5) at the national and sub-regional levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultants will work under the supervision of UN Women Communications Analyst with matrix management of Programme Management Specialists.
The video producer/editor will work together with hiring unit and UN Women Communications Focal Point to execute the concept through production. She/He will be responsible for lighting, at times downloading footage as well as the audit and images captured by the video. The main activities of the consultancy will include, but not limited to the events at the regional level unless assigned to support targeted activities at the national and international level.
PLEASE NOTE THAT operator must have all the necessary equipment for filming and that the financial proposal must include all costs, including equipment costs.
The consultant under this contract is required to:
- Take videos of events/field visits/interviews of partners/representatives
- Upon request perform editing and logging of footage linked to UN Women work.
- Perform video post-processing to edit videos to produce professional products.
Final products and deliverables
Videos of key events and/or side events of the UN Women Kazakhstan CO or as UN Women Regional Office’s given assignments.
Specific requirement for videography:
- Script/storyline and storyboard tailored to local and international audiences as approved by UN Women;
- Deliverables meet technical standards of High Definition broadcasting;
- All footage should be shot full HD (16:9) 1080p50 or 1080p60;
- Compression H.264/MPEG4 video at 12,000 Kbps (minimum) bitrate and high definition broadcast quality, or better;
- AAC Audio at 256 KBps with no out of sync issue, distortion, reverb and other audio issues.
- For cut piece a SPLIT TRACK AUDIO (natural sound and voice/narration on one track, music and sound effects, if any, on the other track) should be submitted;
- In case subtitling is required, final outputs should be submitted in three versions: Version 1 clean (no subtitles or graphics); Version 2 with subtitle and Version 3 without subtitles.
- Raw video footage, B-Roll used in the production of the final video;
- The consultant will need to abide by UN Women Communications policies and guidelines, including UN Women’s Branding Guidelines and Identity Standards and UN Women’s Digital accessibility guidance.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Set up audio and/or video equipment for in-house and external location shoots.
- Set up lighting as required/if any, to provide a professional set for video production.
- Obtain signed releases from interview subjects as required by UN Women.
- Operate video cameras, video/audio equipment to produce high quality products.
- Perform video post-processing to edit and generate video and/or audio effects to produce professional products.
- Ensure appropriate licensing of any third-party materials (music, stock photos or footage, graphics) as approved by UN Women.
In order to perform its duties, the video producer/editor will need to own or have access to editing equipment and software.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
Applications will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis.
A two-stage procedure is utilised in evaluating the applications, with evaluation of the technical application being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. Only the price proposal of the candidates who passed the minimum technical score of 70% of the obtainable score of 100 points in the technical qualification evaluation will be evaluated.
Technical qualification evaluation criteria:
The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 100. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
Financial/Price Proposal evaluation:
Consultants will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of qualifications and financial proposal.
The candidates must possess following minimum qualification criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Evaluation Criteria
5: secondary education
5: bachelor degree in relevant study field
B) Substantive experience and skills
10: 5 years of relevant experience
20: 5-10 years of relevant experience
30: more than 10 years of relevant experience
C) Quality of work portfolio
0: without experience
0-20: demonstrated experience
D) Reporting writing, editing and language skills
0: no relevant knowledge
0-10: proven knowledge
Total Obtainable Score
Financial Evaluation (30%) – max. 30 points:
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion.
Evaluation of submitted financial offers will be done based on the following formula: p = 30 (µ/z), using the following values:
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
Submission of application
Interested candidates should apply via jobs-admin.undp.org.
The application should include:
- Cover letter to include a brief overview in English (unedited text) about which of your previous experiences makes you the most suitable candidate for the advertised position.
- P11 with past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment, a signed copy should be submitted.
- Financial Proposal (Specifying a total lump sum amount for the tasks specified in this Terms of Reference). The financial proposal shall represent daily rate in KZT.
- Previous Work - The candidate should provide a portfolio with at least 3 examples of graphic design, including publication layout and infographics developed in the last two years, preferably using and transforming data into user friendly format and messages.
Only candidates who have passed the preliminary selection will be informed.
Kindly note, that the system will only allow one attachment, hence all supporting documents e.g. P11, CV, cover letter must be scanned as one attachment. Applications without the completed UNDP P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, hires, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational needs.
If you require any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information with your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is inconsistent with the goals and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of power and discrimination. All selected candidates will be required to adhere to UN-Women's policies