UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) addresses gender equality and women’s empowerment challenges in the Asia-Pacific region, including deeply embedded discriminatory social norms and practices that perpetuate inequalities based on gender and other intersectional identities (e.g. ethnicity, class, region, age, disability, migratory status, and sexual orientation and gender identity, among others). The Regional Office works across the following areas: Governance and Inter-governmental support (including on Gender Statistics); Women’s Economic Empowerment (including Migration, Ending Violence Against Women; Women, Peace and Security; Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction and Humanitarian Action. Covering 42 countries within Asia and the Pacific, it exercises its triple mandate and functions i.e. Normative, Coordination and high-quality programming at a regional level and in support of UN Women’s offices and UN Country Teams in 24 countries across the region. The UN Women Asia Pacific Regional Office also oversees and manages programming in programme presences.
Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Administrative Team, Operations Unit in UN WOMEN’s Regional office and under daily supervision of Administrative Associate, this position supports the office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative support to processing and facilitating proper documentation management
- Store, manage, and track documents in a SharePoint database;
- Manage records management procedures and policies including documentation, record, retention, and retrieval.
- Manage and maintain hard and electronic filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Route documentations from country offices to the proper unit for processing;
- Periodically review the efficiency of administrative procedures and make proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks and/or streamline office procedures.
2. Provide administrative support to travel arrangements and office transportation
- Support travel and hotel arrangements for ROAP Operations staff and visitors including process information and documentation for Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), travel agencies and other administrative surveys
- Work closely with the driver and oversee driving activities.
- Review log of fuel usage
- Arrange for insurance coverage for office vehicles and other assets as required.
3. Coordinate assets management, office space management and seating arrangement for the office.
- Maintain the assets management in the office, prepare and submit periodic inventory report;
- Inspect and verify of all incoming assets (equipment, furniture, and inventory), and schedule deliveries to users;
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Maintain inventory records;
- Provide support the annual physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property;
- Prepare Purchase Orders; process invoices related to office building services (utilities and contractors);
- Coordinate with building management on all aspects of office maintenance and maintain a log of work performed;
- Process micro-purchase procurement requests;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation.
- Support to office space and seating arrangement, floor plan, and relevant purchase of office furniture
- Support to maintenance of premises and common services, office insurances and management of document storage.
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution.
4. Provide administrative support to the organizing of the Regional Office's Operations meetings.
- Prepare presentation materials;
- Arrange the logistics of the RO's operations meetings, including booking conference rooms, arranging catering, and facilitating building access for meeting participants;
- Finalize memoranda, list of participants; and send letters of invitation and other documents;
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes, and monitor follow up activities.
5. Provide administrative support to financial services
- Prepare materials, estimates and other documents to support budget review, planning and preparation;
- Handle applications for VAT exemption documents for vendors/suppliers, regularly monitor and follow up to obtain them timely
6. Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
Key Performance Indicators
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost-effective manner;
- Quality organization of files; timely routing of documents;
- Timely support to team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification: