- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
|Location :||Bonn, GERMANY|
|Application Deadline :||21-Feb-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||209 days (till 31 December 2020)|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||209 days|
UN SDG Action Campaign
The UN SDG Action Campaign is a special inter-agency initiative of the UN Secretary-General administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The UN SDG Action Campaign’s mission is to scale up, broaden and sustain the global movement of action for the SDGs.
The UN SDG Action Campaign’s strategy is based on three pillars:
Mobilize: activating the largest number of individuals and organizations to take action on SDGs through the Global Day to Act4SDGs, taking place on 25 September to mark the anniversary of the adoption of the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. This area of work includes strategic partnerships with key constituencies such as Local Governments, civil society organizations, parliamentarians and youth groups.
Inspire: leveraging art, music, festivals, new media, technologies to increase the visibility of SDGs change-makers and attract new partners via the: (a) UN SDG Action Awards; (b) SDG Global Festival of Action; (c) creative SDG content, visuals, branding & exhibitions, and new media SDG programs for individuals and partners.
Connect: connecting people’s perceptions and actions on the SDGs with decision makers in SDG planning and review processes at all levels via the MYWorld Global Survey, whilst bringing peoples’ perceptions and actions to the High-Level Political Forum and the UN General Assembly in partnership with UNDP, UN DESA, and UN/DP Countries Teams.
The UN SDG Action Campaign serves as a hub to inspire people’s action on the Sustainable Development Goals, connect and amplify stakeholder efforts, showcase impact, share best practices, incubate and test out innovative efforts around SDG action and advocacy whilst encouraging and make available SDG accountability mechanisms, including citizen-generated data.
The UN SDG Action Campaign is seeking to engage a Multimedia Consultant to support the development and implementation of multimedia programs, with special focus on the Canon Young People Programme, to amplify the work of the young people involved, including the creation of communications strategies, exhibits, events and media engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Summary of key functions:
1. Develop and implement storytelling programmes and exhibitions
2. Work with the Communications Lead and creative partners to manage the design and production of audio, photo and video projects from conception to completion
3. Lead on the development and management of an online library to ensure accessibility, distribution and reach of the content
4. Support the development of an online community of content creators
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Deliverables/ Outputs Estimated Duration to Complete Target Due Dates Review and Approvals Required
1. Support the development of a multimedia content strategy 12 days 30 March 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
2. Support the participation of creators at the SDG Global Festival of Action 18 days 31 April 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
3. Curate and manage video and photo galleries to be used on online and offline platforms. 21 days 31 May 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
4. Support the administration of community groups and mentoring programs including Facebook, social media engagement, webinars and managing mentors. 22 days 31 June 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
5. Manage exhibitions and activations roll-out for summer Festivals 18 days 15 July 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
6. Create multimedia assets to promote and communicate the creator’s stories and program 37 days 30 August 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
7. Support the multimedia programs exhibition and activations during the UN General Assembly and Global Week to #Act4SDGs and other key moments/events. 15 days 31 September 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
8. Establish and manage photo and multimedia libraries and assets, including media management. 20 days 15 November 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
9. Create and distribute monthly multimedia piece 20 days 31 December 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
10. Produce program report 26 days 31 December 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
Schedule of payments
1 30 March 2020
2 26 April 2020
3 31 May 2020
4 25 June 2020
5 15 July 2020
6 28 August 2020
7 29 September 2020
8 15 November 2020
9 & 10 31 December 2020
The UN SDG Action campaign is seeking to engage a Multimedia Consultant to support the SDG engagement through visual and interactive storytelling and implementation of multimedia programs, including social media and digital platforms, media engagement, exhibits and events.
The Multimedia Consultant will work closely with colleagues in the Communications team and partners to design and execute visual and interactive storytelling programs and campaigns.
Duration of the Work
The duration of the assignment is from 16 March 2020 – 31 December 2020.
The duty station for this contract will be Bonn (Germany) with flexibility for occasional remote work.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications of the Successful Individual Contractor
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
All applicants will be screened against the qualifications and competencies set above. Candidates fully meeting the requirements will be further evaluated based on the criteria below.
Technical Criteria – 70 % of total evaluation– max. 70 points:
CV review: 30 points;
Interview: 40 points;
Only those individual consultants who obtain at least 70% of points from the CV review will be considered for the financial proposal evaluation.
Financial Criteria – 30 % of total evaluation – max. 30 points.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR FURTHER EVALUATION
Any queries should be sent in a separate e-mail and addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking 94439_Multimedia Consultant in the subject line
How to Submit the Application:
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.