- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
International Consultancy Formulation of 2022-2026 UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) in the Maldives
|Location :||Male', MALDIVES|
|Application Deadline :||29-Dec-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||40 working days|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Grounded on the UN development system’s policy expertise, its comparative advantages, normative agenda, and ability to leverage, influence and unlock a broad range of resources for development, the UNSDCF is expected to reflect:
As indicated in the UN Cooperation Framework Guidance, the formulation of the UNSDCF will entail, but not limited to, the following:
Accountable to the UN Resident Coordinator, the international consultant will formulate the UNSDCF 2022-2026 document.
Main Deliverables and Timeframe
Duration and Payment Installments
The international consultant is expected to complete the formulation of the UNSDCF within 40 working days intermittently during 10 January and 31 March 2021.
The international consultant should indicate the lump sum and breakdown in the financial proposal following the template attached.
The international consultant’s payment shall be made in three instalments:
Required Skills and Experience
Interested individuals must submit the following as proposals in order to demonstrate their qualifications.
Note:Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents into one single file.
The award of the contract will be made to the international consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as having received the highest combined score of the technical and financial scores.
- Technical Criteria weight: 70%
- Financial Criteria weight: 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70 points out of 100 points at the technical evaluation will be considered for the financial evaluation.
- Criterion A: Relevant educational background (max 10 points)
- Criterion B: Profound knowledge of the UN system and UN common country programming processes (previous experience with CCA/UNDAF formulations, evaluations and/or reviews; familiarity with the new CCA approach and the new UNSDCF Guidance and its operationalization; Extensive experience in Results-Based Management principles, Theory of Change; logic modeling/logical framework analysis, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, report writing; and participatory approaches) (max 20 points)
- Criterion C: At least 10 years’ experience of preparing multi-disciplinary country/national level situational analysis and report writing related to 2030 Agenda or SDGs (max 20 points)
- Criteria D: Substantial professional application of human rights, gender equality, environmental sustainability, result-based management and capacity development in research (max 15 points)
- Criterion E: 1 year of previous experience Maldives and South Asia (max 5 points)