- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
One UN Roster Agriculture Engineer
|Location :||West Bank or East Jerusalem, PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES|
|Application Deadline :||02-Jun-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-4|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possible extension based on fund availability and performance|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UN Agencies active in Palestine (UN Country Team) requested the one UN HR group to establish a One UN Roster that is made of the most frequently required positions. The following Generic Vacancy Announcements support the establishment of this One UN Roster. The Roster will be a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates, and it serves the purpose of fast-tracking recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the respective One UN Roster for a period of 24 months. While placement on the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is going to be an important resource for filling future vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE COMPLETED UNDP P-11 FORM WILL BE TREATED AS INCOMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
UNDP P11 form (new Personal History form) (google.com) Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement serves the purpose of creating a One UN Roster in Palestine. The Roster will be used to expedite the hiring of personnel whenever a UN entity/Agency in the State of Palestine needs personnel contracting services in the respective area.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement is exclusively intended for Agriculture Engineer Service Contract positions at SB4 level in any UN entities operating in Palestine. The One UN Roster is a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the Agriculture Engineer Roster. While placement in the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions (The functions are generic and therefore not inclusive of all duties nor are all duties carried out by all Agriculture Engineers):
1. Project implementation
2. Technical capacity building support
3. Project formulation
4. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Project Implementation
• Assist in preparing and keeping up-to-date the detailed workplans for the project’s agricultural activities and follow up on their implementation;
• Lead and/or contribute to agricultural feasibility assessments, studies, reviews etc. as required;
• Assist in the design and implementation of outreach and beneficiary mobilization activities targeting agribusinesses, cooperatives and farmers in the West Bank and in the Gaza Strip.
• Assist in the identification and selection of priority activities, geographical areas and beneficiaries including the development of criteria, tools and processes.
• Prepare the technical specifications for the goods, works and services to be procured for the implementation of activities related to agricultural production and value chain;
• Assist with facilitating and coordinating technical meetings.
• For each procurement action, evaluate the capacity of (ex-ante) and quality of work (ex-post) of related suppliers and contractors;
• Provide day-to-day support to agricultural operations on matters relating to the project implementation and follow up regularly with beneficiary farmers, producer organizations and other agribusinesses;
• Coordinate with technical staff at relevant ministries and other institutions to ensure that field activities are consistent with and complementary to other on-going agricultural projects;
• Assist in the preparation of project reports and information material in line with donor requirements and applicable UN rules and procedures in a timely manner;
2. Technical capacity building support
• Assist in liaising with implementing partner(s) involved in the implementation of agricultural activities, as well as in identifying and addressing their capacity development needs in order to ensure that all related activities are timely and properly designed, coordinated and implemented;
• Provide technical inputs for agricultural policy/strategy and coordination support to the government and other actors.
3. Project formulation
• Conduct literature reviews and develop databases on topics related to sustainable agricultural development and resilience building;
• Assist in the preparation of quality project documents, concept notes, and other relevant materials;
4. Perform other duties within the functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Development Effectiveness: Project Management
Development Effectiveness: Report Writing
Management Solutions: Quality Assurance
People Management: Communications
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Agriculture.
Fluency in both Arabic and English, written and spoken.