UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action, peace, and security.
In Indonesia, UN Women works with government, civil society organizations, academia, the media, the public and private sectors to address national priorities of gender equality and women’s empowerment. Placing the advancement of women’s rights at the centre of our work, UN Women Indonesia focuses on (1) ending violence against women, (2) promoting women’s human rights, (3) women’s economic empowerment, (4) women contribute to and have greater influence in building sustainable peace.
UN Women’s normative and programmatic work, guided by its Strategic Plan and supported by a consolidated organizational architecture, has been instrumental in helping to establish relevant policy frameworks and advancing change on the ground. Over the years, the Indonesia Country Office team has expanded following its growing portfolios and committed to continue strengthening its capacity in result-based management, establishing standard internal control systems, and promoting effectiveness and efficiency across programmes and operations management.
Regarding the above and with the expansion of team members, it is important for UN Women staff members to strengthen teamwork and in-office coordination. Thus, UN Women Indonesia is seeking for a consultant to support the staff retreat activities, including designing and facilitating the activities, on 7 – 8 September 2022 in Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB), where approximately 27 team members will participate.
Devoirs et responsabilités
The objective of the Assignment
The overall objective of the Consultancy is to design and facilitate the UN Women Indonesia Team retreat to:
- Build effective and collaborative teamwork across programmes and operations.
- Improve understanding of UN Women’s organization value and strategic positioning in the Country
- Strengthen effective communication and leadership skills in ensuring collaboration aligned with the UN Women competency framework.
- Promote staff well-being and a respectful workplace.
Scope of Work, Specific Tasks, and Responsibilities
The Consultant is expected to design and facilitate the team retreat activities on 7 - 8 September 2022 in Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB), where approximately 27 staff members of UN Women Indonesia will participate.
The consultant is expected to consult with the UN Women team on designing the activities, including facilitating the entire team-building activities in an interactive and engaging way. All activities should align with UN Women Team Retreat’s objectives as mentioned above.
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Design the activities and approach of the Team Retreat based on the objectives.
- Facilitate the activities of the Team Retreat, including preparing tools and materials needed for the activities.
- Develop documentation of the Retreat in the following format:
- Report of the activities, key takeaways, and recommendations based on the objectives.
- Photographs of the activities.
The Consultant is expected to consult and liaise with UN Women to develop the activity agendas, approach, and facilitation strategies, and work with UN Women focal points to ensure the activities run smoothly.
Deliverables and Payment:
The Consultant will produce the following deliverables:
Before the retreat:
2 September 2022
During the retreat: Facilitate the entire activities
After the retreat: provide a summary report to UN Women Indonesia, including feedback, reflections, and recommendation to achieve the objectives.
30 September 2022
Payments for this consultancy will be based on the achievement of each deliverable and certification that each has been satisfactorily completed.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Qualifications et expériences requises
Required Qualifications, Experience, and skills:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in providing support for team-building activities.
- Experience in developing and delivering team-building activities programmes. Substantive experience in managing and implementing similar projects is preferred.
- Familiarity with gender equality and women empowerment issues.
- Experience with multi-national organizations, inter-governmental organizations, business companies, and United Nations agencies to provide office retreat/team building activities is an advantage.
Fluency in oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Submissions of Application
The interested consultant should submit a quotation in response to the TOR, which should include the following:
- Proposal for the activities.
- Letter of Interest containing the statement on the candidate’s experience in line with the scope of work and requirements.
- Updated CV.
- P11, including past experience in similar assignments, can be downloaded at https://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs.
- The financial proposal is inclusive of all costs.
The evaluation will be based on the combination of the weighted technical and financial scores (70 percent technical and 30 percent financial).
Annex I: Financial Proposal
BREAKDOWN OF COSTS
Breakdown of Cost by Components:
The lump sum costs should include administration costs and expenses (transportation, communication, costs, etc.) related to the consultancy.