UN Women is grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, the empowerment of women, and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women's rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action in PNG. Under UN Women Strategic Plan 2022-2025; the four thematic areas to focus on are:
- Governance and Participation in Public Life
- Women Economic Empowerment
- Ending Violence Against Women & Girls
- Women, Peace and Security, Humanitarian Action and Disaster Risk Management
Under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager and the direct supervision of the Operations Associate, the ICT Assistant executes ICT services in the Country Office (CO). Implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the Country Office productivity. The ICT Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach. He/She will also ensure that the Country office SharePoint is well developed, maintained and updated regularly.
Devoirs et responsabilités
1. Implement ICT strategies and new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures
- Provide inputs to the development and review of internal ICT policies and procedures as required;
- Draft ICT annual work plan for the office;
- Provide IT support in the use of Quantum, GST and UNALL (UN WOMEN’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
2. Ensure effective functioning of the Country Office hardware and software
- Install, operate, and maintain all Country Office hardware equipment;
- Provide advice on the acquisition of hardware supplies,
- Make routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components;
- Plan, install and maintain all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones;
- Install commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programmes;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
3. Ensure efficient networks administration
- Monitor the network connection on a daily basis to ensure stable and responsive network environment;
- Configure network printers and provide user access as required;
- Trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Maintain up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail;
- Implement backup and restoration procedures for local drives; maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups;
- Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
- Manage Local Area Network (LAN) in accordance with UN Women requirements
4. Provide web management services
- Maintain the Country Office web site and Intranet.
5. Provide administrative support regarding ICT issues
- Provide technical support in the procurement of new ICT equipment for the Country Office, provide technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review quotations and bids;
- Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
- Provide ICT support to key events.
6. Provide technical support and advice to Country Office and Programme Presence staff
- Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in CO and Programme Presence offices experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer related issues;
- Liaise with ICT Assistant in HQ for support and guidance;
- Meet all ICT on-boarding requirements for new staff.
7. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Country Office
- Identify and promote different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision;
- Contribute to the organization of trainings for the CO staff on ICT issues;
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Leadership and Self-Management;
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems;
- Strong PC hardware troubleshooting skills;
- Strong knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication;
- Strong knowledge of database packages;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems
Qualifications et expériences requises
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and applications (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification) is a requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is an asset
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible and practical experience in network administration, ICT administration including corporate networks, internet connectivity, data security and maintaining hardware/software, telecommunications facilities
- Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) as well as web-based management systems;
- Experienced with UN System will be an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as in local language (Tok-Pisin) is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.