||Phnom Penh, CAMBODGE
|Date limite de candidature :||21-Mar-12|
|Catégorie supplémentaire||Environnement et Energie|
|Type de contrat :||FTA International|
|Niveau du poste :||P-4|
|Langues requises :||
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||One year|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||One year (Renewable)|
Cambodia Climate Change Alliance (CCCA) is a multi-donor initiative (funded by Sida, DANIDA, EC and UNDP) with a comprehensive and innovative approach to address Climate Change and Disaster Risks Reduction in Cambodia. On the one hand it aims at creating conditions in the form of capacity development and institutional strengthening to preparing for and mitigate Climate Change risks, and on the other hand, to directly help vulnerable communities by enhancing their resilience to Climate change and other natural hazards. The overall objective of the CCCA is that Climate Change activities in Cambodia are nationally owned, led and aligned with Cambodia’s development priorities, and are effectively coordinated and implemented. CCCA has 3 results as the following:
- NCCC capacity to coordinate national policy making, capacity development, and outreach/advocacy efforts, and to monitor the implementation of national climate change strategy is strengthened;
- A platform is established and in operation providing Cambodia with updated knowledge and learning opportunities on Climate Change; and
- Key line ministries, agencies and civil society organisations have access to financial and technical resources to design, implement and monitor climate change adaptation interventions.
The organizational structure of the CCCA is based on strong Government ownership and alignment with the existing Government institutional arrangements. The Ministry of Environment (MoE), on behalf of the National Climate Change Committee (NCCC), is the Implementing Partner (IP). The Climate Change Department (CCD) is responsible for implementation (planning, reporting and monitoring) with the Director of the CCD as the National Project Coordinator (NPC) of the CCCA-Climate Change Policy Development and Knowledge Management Project (CCPDK). . The CCCA Trust Fund provides fund to the CCPDK Project implemented by the CCD of the MoE to develop the systems for addressing Climate Change challenges and enhancing vulnerable people’s resilience. This project will be integrated within the structure and overall work plan of the CCD and headed by a National Project Director (NPD).
The Technical Specialist will be based in the CCD and assure the technical quality of the CCPDK Project, and provide guidance and advise to the Project management on all aspects of project implementation and operation. The Technical Specialist will work closely with the NPC and provide support in coordination of inputs of various stakeholders including NCCC, line ministries and agencies, sub-national authorities, and civil society. The Technical Specialist will support the NPC to define and coordinate all advisor and technical assistance inputs attached to the CCCA- CCPDK Project.
Devoirs et responsabilités
Summary of key functions:
- Effective and efficient results-based management of the Climate Change Policy Development and Knowledge Management Project CCPDK;
- Partnership and Resource Mobilization to support the implementation of key outputs of Climate Change Policy Development and Knowledge Management Project CCPDK;
- Capacity Need Assessment and Training of the NCCC and CCD; and
- Climate Change Mainstreaming Action Plan into sectoral institutions.
Effective and efficient results-based management of the Climate Change Policy Development and Knowledge Management Project (CCPDK)
- Support the efficient and timely implementation of the Climate Change Policy Development and Knowledge Management Project (CCPDK).
- Prepare draft annual/quarterly work plans and budgets and their draft revisions, draft quarterly and annual progress reports;
- Prepare implementing schedule and follow up the on progress of the project implementation against AWP;
- Oversee the preparation of technical reports and ensure their quality control;
- Verify before submission the work plans, management reports, and other documentation required by the PSB;
- Ensure development of standard reporting formats and training packages;
- Provide knowledge transfer to CCD staff, in particular Result-based Management and climate change knowledge;
Partnership and Resource Mobilization for the implementation of key outputs of Climate Change Policy Development and Knowledge Management Project (CCPDK):
- Support partnership development, marketing and fund raising for the implementation of key outputs related to Climate Change Policy Development and Knowledge Management.
- Develop and maintain good communications in UNDP, Donors (EC, Sida and DANIDA) and with the government counterparts (NCCC and MoE).
- Maintain good synergy building between CCPDK with relevant grant projects funded by CCCA, and with relevant initiatives such as the Pilot Programme for Climate Resilience (PPCR).
Capacity Need Assessment and Training of the NCCC and CCD:
- Conduct capacity needs assessment and capacity score card development, and prepare a capacity development plan for the NCCC, CCD and the Climate Change Technical Team;
- Provide training and on the job coaching for senior staff in key sector ministries and where relevant local authorities and civil society;
- Support technical training and assistance to potential project target beneficiaries;
- Prepare draft TORs and participate in selection process for Technical Assistance as required and support the identification, evaluation, recruitment (where necessary) and training of project staff.
Climate Change Mainstreaming Action Plan into sectoral institution:
- Support the roll out of the Climate Change mainstreaming action plan, together with the appropriate legislation, guidance, awareness raising and training;
- Support the production of sector specific guidelines for mainstreaming and production of policy and legal instruments as required to integrate climate change into national/sector and sub-national levels;
- Contribute to the mainstreaming action plan, to increased inter-sector coordination on Climate Change and to identifying and meet priority sector needs;
- Support the tailoring of priority policy, legal and regulatory instruments for specific sectors and the introduction of these instruments into the routines of key institutions;
- Support the NPC to establish a Climate Change focal point network, to prepare Climate Change policy and discussion papers and to participate in cross-sector forums;
- Support preparation of sector mainstreaming road maps, information, training and guidelines as required; and
- Support mainstreaming of cross cutting issues: environment, gender, governance, and poverty in connection with climate change responses.
All of the above tasks will involve neither the exercise of public authority nor the use of discretionary powers of judgement. There is an obligation to directly inform the PSB co-chairs of any problem of any nature which may impact on the effectiveness of the -CCPDK initiative as soon as it arises.
Impact of Results:
The position will ensure the delivery of outputs and outcomes of the Climate Change Policy Development and Knowledge Management Project (CCPDK).in accordance with UNDP policies and procedures and National Implementation Modality (NIM) procedures as described in UNDP Programme, Policies and Operations Procedures (POPPs) Guidelines; promote the mobilization of resources and partnership building to support the implementation of the outputs of CCPDK , improved capacity of the national counterparts; and mainstream climate change into key sectoral institutions to ensure their planning and budgeting is incorporated with climate change considerations that promote pro-poor sustainable development based on national development priorities.
- Promoting Ethics and Integrity / Creating Organizational Precedents
- Building support and political acumen
- Building staff competence, Creating an environment of creativity and innovation
- Building and promoting effective teams
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization
- Leveraging conflict in the interests of UNDP & setting standards
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking
Advocacy / Advancing Policy Oriented Agenda: analysis and creation of messages and strategies
- Creates effective advocacy strategies
- Contributes to the elaboration of advocacy strategies by identifying and prioritizing audiences and communication means
- Performs analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for advocacy work
Building Strategic Partnerships: Identifying and building partnerships
- Effectively networks with partners seizing opportunities to build strategic alliances relevant to UNDP’s mandate and strategic agenda
- Sensitizes UN Partners, donors and other international organizations to the UNDP’s strategic agenda, identifying areas for joint efforts
- Develops positive ties with civil society to build/strengthen UNDP’s mandate
- Identifies needs and interventions for capacity building of counterparts, clients and potential partners
- Displays initiative, sets challenging outputs for him/herself and willingly accepts new work assignments
- Takes responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and strives until successful outputs are achieved
- Promotes UNDP’s agenda in inter-agency meetings
Innovation and Marketing new Approaches: Developing new approaches
- Seeks a broad range of perspectives in developing project proposals
- Generates for regional and innovative ideas and effective solutions to problems
- Looks at experience critically, drawing lessons, and building them into the design of new approaches
- Identifies new approaches and promotes their use in other situations
- Documents successes and uses them to project a positive image
- Creates an environment that fosters innovation and innovative thinking
- Makes the case for innovative ideas from the team with own supervisor
Resource Mobilization: Implementing resource mobilization strategies
- Analyzes information on potential bilateral donors and national counterparts to recommend a strategic approach
- Identifies and compiles lessons learned
- Promotes and encourages country office action with local missions of donor countries as well as appropriate government authorities for increased contribution to UNDP resources, including cost sharing modalities
- Identifies country needs and develops proposals to be presented to donors and governments
- Develops a resource mobilization strategy at the country level
Promoting Organizational learning and Knowledge Sharing: Developing tools and mechanisms
- Makes the case for innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the design of new approaches
- Identifies new approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms
- Develops and/or participates in the development of tools and mechanisms, including identifying new approaches to promote individual and organizational learning and knowledge sharing using formal and informal methodologies
Job Knowledge and Technical Expertise: In-depth knowledge of the Subject-matter
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines
- Serves as internal consultant in the area of expertise and shares knowledge with staff
- Continues to seeks new and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work of the unit
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals: Analysis and creation of messages and strategies
- Creates effective global advocacy messages/strategies
- Contributes to the elaboration of a global advocacy strategy by identifying and prioritizing audiences and messages
- Performed analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for global advocacy work and adapts it for use at country level
Client Orientation: Contributing to positive outcomes for the client
- Anticipates client needs
- Works towards creating an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between the clients and service provider
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s perspective
- Keeps the client informed of problems or delays in the provision of services
- Uses discretion and flexibility in interpreting rules in order to meet client needs and achieve organizational goals more effectively
- Solicits feedback on service provision and quality
Qualifications et expériences requises
- Master’s Degree in climate change, Environment, Natural Resources, Economics, Public Administration, Physical Planning, Engineering or related discipline; postgraduate qualifications is an advantage.
- At least 7 years of experience relevant to Climate Change adaptation and mitigation,;
- Good experience in the UNFCCC processes
- Good experience in Capacity Needs Assessment on Climate Change
- Knowledge in climate change strategy and policy development
- Experience of mainstreaming cross cutting issues (environment, gender, governance, poverty, youth);
- Proven good experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in successful partnership building and resource mobilisation;
- Good communication and computer skills; and
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Khmer language is a plus.
Cliquez ici pour prendre connaissance d'informations importantes concernant les résidents permanents des Etats-Unis (détenteurs de la "carte verte").
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.