RE-ADVERTISED: please note that if you have already applied, you have not been selected for this internship and there is no need to re-apply. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
UNDP is the UN Development Programme and works in some 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. UNDP helps countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. In 2017, UNDP is continuing to work to support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as they help shape global sustainable development for the next 15 years.
The UNDP JPOSC is an end-to-end human resources service centre. It administers the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) and Special Assistant to the Resident Coordinator (SARC) Programmes whose overall goal is to provide young professionals the opportunity to gain experience in the field of international development cooperation,
and as such to build capacities for the global development sector, while providing UNDP and other UN organizations with young talent with promising professional development.
Under the authority of the JPOSC Manager and the supervision of the above-mentioned staff member, the intern will contribute to the development and the maintenance of client-oriented services, and ensure that the JPOSC follows a model of excellence.
TRAINING COMPONENTS AND LEARNING ELEMENTS
As a full member of the JPOSC team, the intern will:
- Participate in in-house training opportunities as applicable
- Learn the structure, mechanisms, policies and practice areas of UNDP
- Participate in dedicated trainings and UNDP online learning tools
- Strengthen his/her effective writing skills
- Participate in working groups
Devoirs et responsabilités
Communication, Partnership and Outreach
- Assist in development of communication tools targeting the various stakeholders to the JPO and SARC Programme
- Assist in updating the JPO and SARC Database (Microsoft Access)
- Help developing written and audio-visual material for the JPOSC website and other promotional activities
- Interview current and former Junior Professional Officers to publish online stories
- Assist in updating the JPOSC website
- Outreach to former JPOs and members of the JPO Alumni Association (JAA) (yearly recruitment campaign and yearly directory)
- Research relevant content to post on JPOSC’s social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and keep track of the key performance indicators for each network
- Grant access to our closed groups for JPOs and SARCs on several social networks
- Provide support in data analysis and statistics (Excel)
- Keep the internal photo library updated and categorized
- Assist in the creation and execution of a branding development plan
- Support to any ad hoc activities related to the JPO and SARC Programmes
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to details;
- Ability to respond quickly to un expectancies;
- Proven record of interest and work in the development field.
- Speaks and writes clearly, concisely and effectively;
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately;
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience;
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
Qualifications et expériences requises
Eligibility: Please check the eligibility/conditions (such as enrolment in a graduate/postgraduate program) on the UNDP JPO Service Centre website before applying. In order to be considered eligible for the UNDP JPOSC Internship Programme, please indicate whether you meet one of the following requirements:
Currently enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
Currently enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
Graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) (if selected, you must start the internship within one-year of graduation).
IT skills: Basic knowledge of desktop publishing and graphic design software is an asset (e.g. Microsoft Publisher, Photoshop, Piktochart).
Language skills: Fluency in English is required. Good working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset.
Work/Stay permit: applicants must hold all necessary permits to stay and work in Denmark before applying for this internship