- Le PNUD dans le monde
Le PNUD est prÃ©sent dans 177 pays et territoires.
Voir ci-dessous pour en savoir plus sur le travail de l'organisation sur le terrain.
- Afrique du sud
- Arabie saoudite
- Burkina Faso
- Centrafrique (République centrafricaine)
- Congo (République démocratique du)
- Congo (République du)
- Corée (République populaire démocratique de)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Danemark (Bureau de liaison)
- El Salvador
- Emirats arabes unis
- Finlande (Bureau de liaison)
- Genève (Bureau de liaison)
- Guinée équatoriale
- Ile Maurice et Seychelles
- Iran (République islamique d')
- Japon (Bureau de liaison)
- Kosovo (selon RCSNU 1244)
- L’Ex-République yougoslave de Macédoine
- Norvège (Bureau de liaison)
- Programme palestinien
- République dominicaine
- Russie (Fédération de)
- São Tomé-et-Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Soudan du Sud
- Sri Lanka
- Suède (Bureau de liaison)
- Syrie (République arabe syrienne)
- Tanzanie (République-Unie de)
- Trinité et Tobago
- U.E. (Bureau de liaison)
- A propos du PNUD
- Centre de presse
National Consultant to Support the National SDG Secretariat in Lao PDR: VNR Process, stakeholder engagement, horizontal and vertical coordination
|Lieu :||Vientiane, Laos|
|Date limite de candidature :||12-Feb-18 (Minuit New York, États-Unis)|
|Type de contrat :||Individual Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||National Consultant|
|Langues requises :||Anglais|
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||Up to 150 days|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||26 Feb to 31 Dec 2018|
In September 2015, the General Assembly adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This global “plan of action for people, planet and prosperity” is anchored on 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the agenda’s results framework that captures universal aspirations across three dimensions of sustainable development: economic development, social development and environmental protection. The 2030 Agenda is an integrated, indivisible agenda, which balances the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainability, the success of which will depend on the extent to which coherent, evidence-based plans and policies are formulated and implemented at country, regional and global levels.
Lao PDR has achieved significant progress in terms of integrating the SDGs into the national planning framework, including the 8th National Socio-Economic Development Plan. Complementary national indicators are under consideration by the Government, reflecting the holistic, integrated and indivisible nature of the Agenda 2030. The integration into the sectors and to the local level is ongoing.
The Government has established a national SDG Steering Committee chaired by the Prime Minister and a National SDG Secretariat, led by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with support of the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Lao Statistics Bureau.
The national SDG Steering Committee has decided to develop a national SDG Roadmap, which outlines key actions and sets timelines for the mainstreaming, implementation and reporting of the Agenda 2030 and its Sustainable Development Goals in Lao PDR. The SDG Roadmap covers among other elements awareness-raising; multi-stakeholder consultations and dialogue; tailoring the SDGs to the local context; Creating horizontal and vertical policy coherence; budgeting for the future; and monitoring, reporting and accountability.
In terms of reporting, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, as part of its follow-up and review mechanisms, encourages member states to conduct regular and inclusive reviews of progress at the national and sub-national levels. These are country-led and -driven, and expected to serve as a basis for the regular reviews by the high-level political forum, meeting under the auspices of ECOSOC. Regular reviews by the High-Level Political Forum are to be voluntary, state-led, undertaken by both developed and developing countries, and involve multiple stakeholders. The Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) aim to facilitate the sharing of experiences, including successes, challenges and lessons learned, with a view to accelerating the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. The VNRs also seek to strengthen policies and institutions of governments and to mobilize multi-stakeholder support and partnerships for the implementation of the SDGs. Lao PDR intends to present its VNR to the High-Level Political Forum in July 2018.
Devoirs et responsabilités
Principal objective of the Assignment
The assignment has the principal objective to support the national SDG Secretariat in its functions, promoting the mainstreaming and implementation of the Agenda 2030 in Lao PDR. This consultancy has a strong focus on the development of the SDG Roadmap and horizontal and vertical coordination, in addition to VNR process and stakeholder engagement
Deliverables and Outputs
- Support the further development, implementation and monitoring of the SDG Roadmap, including potentially the integration of a strategy for smooth LDC graduation
- Support the development and implementation of a stakeholder engagement plan, including organization of engagement activities including workshops and other events related to the Agenda 2030.
- Support mechanisms for strengthening horizontal and vertical coordination within Government
- Serve as liaison between the SDG Secretariat and different stakeholders, including Government entities at all levels
- Provide coordination support to the development of the Voluntary National review on SDGs through drafting of inputs, including based on stakeholder engagement activities
- Draft policy briefs, speeches, presentations and other documents.
- Support the organization of workshops and other events related to the Agenda 2030, including preparation of inputs.
- Provide technical advice and act as resource person to the SDG Secretariat and to the SDG Steering Committee.
Provision of Monitoring and Progress Control
The consultant will report directly to MoFA Management to support the implementation of the UNDP supported programme Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Planning and Investment. In addition, when needed, she/he will be required to provide update to UNDP management on progresses of various programme activities.
- Good project management, coordination and facilitation skills
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong research, analytical and written skills
- Strong communication skills (written, and oral)
- Results-oriented, patient, and hands-on with good team work skills
- Knowledge of Lao PDR’s development situation and key related issues
- Technological competence, including excellent computer skills (word, excel, power-point, internet and related), as well as use of social media
- Strong data collection and analytical skills
- Experience working in mixed cultural teams
Qualifications et expériences requises
At minimum, Master’s Degree in Economics, Development, Political Science or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in development related activities, advisory role on effective development cooperation, politics, governance, project/programme management, and capacity development
- Experience in managing multi-stakeholder engagement
- Experience in carrying out research and preparing policy briefs
- Experience in drafting reports
- Prior experience with government, UNDP/UN agencies and other international organisations is desirable
- Knowledge and experience related to national planning, in particular the 8th National Socio-Economic Development Plan, including Agenda 2030 and LDC graduation.
Lao national with excellent verbal and written English skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.