- Le PNUD dans le monde
Le PNUD est prÃ©sent dans 177 pays et territoires.
Voir ci-dessous pour en savoir plus sur le travail de l'organisation sur le terrain.
- Afrique du sud
- Arabie saoudite
- Burkina Faso
- Centrafrique (République centrafricaine)
- Congo (République démocratique du)
- Congo (République du)
- Corée (République populaire démocratique de)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Danemark (Bureau de liaison)
- El Salvador
- Emirats arabes unis
- Finlande (Bureau de liaison)
- Genève (Bureau de liaison)
- Guinée équatoriale
- Ile Maurice et Seychelles
- Iran (République islamique d')
- Japon (Bureau de liaison)
- Kosovo (selon RCSNU 1244)
- L’Ex-République yougoslave de Macédoine
- Norvège (Bureau de liaison)
- Programme palestinien
- République dominicaine
- Russie (Fédération de)
- São Tomé-et-Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Soudan du Sud
- Sri Lanka
- Suède (Bureau de liaison)
- Syrie (République arabe syrienne)
- Tanzanie (République-Unie de)
- Trinité et Tobago
- U.E. (Bureau de liaison)
- A propos du PNUD
- Centre de presse
International VET Expert for Institutional Development of VET providers and validation of prior learning
|Lieu :||Baku, AZERBAÏDJAN|
|Date limite de candidature :||10-Feb-18 (Minuit New York, États-Unis)|
|Catégorie supplémentaire :||Développement durable et réduction de la pauvreté|
|Type de contrat :||Individual Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||International Consultant|
|Langues requises :||Anglais|
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||4 months|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||4 months|
The overall objective of the EU funded “Modernizing Vocational Education and Training (VET) Centers in Azerbaijan” project is to contribute to the modernization of the vocational education and training system in Azerbaijan, enhancing quality, equality, relevance and access in line with European standards and practices. The project outputs are to improve quality of education for establishing labor market oriented VET system in Lankaran Economic Region, and to improve quality of education for increasing attractiveness of VET in Ganja city and neighboring regions, as well as increase employability among the youth.?
b. Objective of the assignment
Currently, the vocational education and training (VET) system of Azerbaijan has many challenges in terms of management, financial support, staff and content of education, material and technical base and infrastructure. In the last decade, the Government has implemented a wide range of activities, State programs, strategies and concepts. In addition, a VET Agency under the Ministry of Education was established in 2016 for developing the VET sector. The main objective of the Agency is to increase the efficiency and relevance of vocational education and training system in Azerbaijan and to produce qualified workforce for the labor market.
Nevertheless, certain problems remain. The infrastructures of the majority of VET centers have not been modernized for decades while educational resources, educational programs, teaching and learning materials used by VET centers are out of date or do not respond to the requirements of a modern VET system. Financial resources are not at the required level and VET centers are not currently able to generate income due to the challenges they face. Social partnership is also very weak. The rate of involvement of professional, administrative and management staff of VET centers in training courses on capacity building are low and quality of training courses are not satisfactory. Legal and regulatory framework on VET is out of date.
It should be noted that both the overall and specific objectives of this action align to recent policy of the Government of Azerbaijan on diversification of economy through the development of non-oil sector, reduction of disparity between regions and Baku, development of human capital.
The general objective of the assignment is extensive desk review on European and international experience and best practices on the establishment of Competence and Excellence Centers on Vocational Education and Training (VET), propose the institutions for the study tour including recommendations for design of the VET schools within the projects.
Devoirs et responsabilités
Scope of Work
The International Expert will be responsible for:
- Extensive and documented desk review on European and international experiences and best practices on the establishment of Competence Centre on Vocational Education and Training (VET);
- To provide list of EU countries with existing Competence VET Centers, including their functions while stating differences between Competence Centre and other type of VET Institutions (school or lyceum);
- To provide suitable recommendations for Regional Industrial VET Competence Centre in Ganja based on existing Competence centers in EU countries that include validation/recognition of prior learning;
- To organize one-day workshop in Baku for relevant stakeholders aiming to present findings on Competence and Excellence VET Centers;
- Based on the findings of this study and discussion with the Ministry of Education and State VET Agency, most two suitable EU countries will be selected for study visits;
- To organize a study visit to the selected EU country in 2018.
- Extensive and documented desk review on European and international experiences and best practices on the establishment of Excellence Centers on Vocational Education and Training(VET);
- To provide list of EU countries with existing Excellence VET Centers, including their functions while stating differences between Excellence Centre and other type of VET Institutions (school or lyceum);
- To provide suitable recommendations for Jalilabad VET Lyceum based on existing Excellence centers in EU countries;
- Develop concept of pilot VET excellence Center in Lankaran Economic Region.? Concept of an “Agricultural VET center” with “multi-service” purpose (non-restricted to formal initial VET) as well as a concept of “pilot VET agricultural school that will include also furniture manufacturing”, and Final report with all works carried out within the assignment.?
Note: The results of the workshop will be serving as the basis for preparing the recommendation package for subsequent validation with stakeholders.
To be self-sufficient and conduct himself in the highest professional manner in working relations.
Qualifications et expériences requises
I. Academic Qualifications:
II. Years of experience:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodologies:
Cumulative evaluation that takes into account both financial offer and the technical expertise of the potential candidates
A two-stage procedure will be utilized in evaluating the proposals, with evaluation of the technical component being completed prior to any price component being reviewed and compared.? The Price Component will be reviewed only for those individuals whose Technical Component meets the requirements for the assignment.? The total number of points which individual may obtain for both components is 100
The technical component, which has a total possible value of 70 points, will be evaluated using the following criteria:
The assignment is planned to start on 26 February 2018 and continue to 30 June 2018. The total number of expected consultancy days is 60 days for 2018 year (7 working days in the field (Azerbaijan and related regions) and 5 days study visit to selected country and the rest is considered for the desk studies, report writing, data analysis and etc.) will be field based works within the assignment. For this the Expert will need to undertake travels to the regions Azerbaijan.
The system accepts only one attachment, so please, send both technical and financial proposals as one attachment.?
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.