- Le PNUD dans le monde
Le PNUD est prÃ©sent dans 177 pays et territoires.
Voir ci-dessous pour en savoir plus sur le travail de l'organisation sur le terrain.
- Afrique du sud
- Arabie saoudite
- Burkina Faso
- Centrafrique (République centrafricaine)
- Congo (République démocratique du)
- Congo (République du)
- Corée (République populaire démocratique de)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Danemark (Bureau de liaison)
- El Salvador
- Emirats arabes unis
- Finlande (Bureau de liaison)
- Genève (Bureau de liaison)
- Guinée équatoriale
- Ile Maurice et Seychelles
- Iran (République islamique d')
- Japon (Bureau de liaison)
- Kosovo (selon RCSNU 1244)
- L’Ex-République yougoslave de Macédoine
- Norvège (Bureau de liaison)
- Programme palestinien
- République dominicaine
- Russie (Fédération de)
- São Tomé-et-Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Soudan du Sud
- Sri Lanka
- Suède (Bureau de liaison)
- Syrie (République arabe syrienne)
- Tanzanie (République-Unie de)
- Trinité et Tobago
- U.E. (Bureau de liaison)
- A propos du PNUD
- Centre de presse
International Consultant– Project Formulation Support
|Lieu :||Bangkok, THAÏLANDE|
|Date limite de candidature :||15-Feb-18 (Minuit New York, États-Unis)|
|Type de contrat :||Individual Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||International Consultant|
|Langues requises :||Anglais|
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||15 March 2018- 31 December 2018|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||Up to 185 working days|
The Bureau for Policy and Programme Support (BPPS) has the responsibility for developing all relevant policy and guidance to support the results of UNDP’s Strategic Plan. BPPS’s staff provides technical advice to Country Offices; advocates for UNDP corporate messages, represents UNDP at multi-stakeholder for including public-private dialogues, government and civil society dialogues, South-South and triangular cooperation initiatives, and engages in UN inter-agency coordination in specific thematic areas.
As the UN system's development program and a GEF Implementing Agency since 1991, UNDP also supports countries in addressing development, climate, and ecosystem sustainability in an integrated manner. UNDP-GEF offers countries highly specialized technical services for eligibility assessment, program/project formulation, due diligence, mobilization of required co-financing, project implementation oversight, results management and evaluation, performance-based payments and knowledge management.
A number of countries supported by UNDP are now in the process of putting together a project proposal for submission to the Green Climate Fund (GCF). UNDP’s Global Environmental Finance team provides leadership to UNDP Country Offices and client countries on the formulation process as well as substantive products that need to be prepared in order to complete a Board compliant proposal.
Within this overall background, UNDP is seeking the support of a consultant to strengthen and enhance its climate resilient development, especially those related to the implementation of the National Adaptation Plan- Global Support Programme. The consultant will support the UNDP country offices as well as governments, together with the Regional Technical Advisors (RTAs) and Regional Technical Specialists (RTSs) to deliver technical and operational support to NAPs related programming. The consultant will also provide lead the proposal formulation process in the context of the national adaptation plan process.
Devoirs et responsabilités
The main objective of the consultancy is to lead and coordinate a GCF project formulation process in a select number of countries. The incumbent will provide inputs in developing GCF compliant project proposals for several countries and coordinate the work of other members of a project development team assigned to each country. This will include coordination with team members entrusted with the task of developing other relevant and supplementary documents (including feasibility assessment, investment appraisal, safeguards appraisal, gender analysis, procurement plans, and budget and workplan) and bringing the documents to finalization, internal reviews and submission. The incumbent will also support UNDP to develop an updated framework for M&E for adaptation projects including SOPs for tracking and measuring impact.
Scope of Work:
UNDP-GEF Global Adaptation Portfolio
Coordinate inputs from international and national consultants and relevant stakeholders
1. Liaise with relevant experts in Government, NGOs, CSOs, Private Sector, Development Partners to obtain critical inputs, including expert advice, information from relevant documents that can feed into the preparation of feasibility assessments, concept design and proposal development.
2. Organize, lead and participate in stakeholder consultations and collate information to inform GCF proposal development and project formulation.
3. Synthesize key information from existing documents of relevance, given the scope of the intended project, that can then be used as input to the development of a feasibility assessment, concept design and proposal development
Design project Concept and Proposal
4. Conduct technical analyses to flesh out project components and all technical sections, particularly 6 criteria elements of impact potential; paradigm shift potential; sustainable development; country needs; country ownership and cost-effectiveness;
5. Prepare the project LogFrame with well-defined indicators, targets, inputs and outputs;
6. Research and produce a draft feasibility report for the project concept based on the consultations, research and analysis conducted.
7. Undertake necessary consultations with relevant government agencies, stakeholders and experts to obtain comments/suggestions and incorporate these comments into the draft documents;
8. Outline financial structure of the project (with inputs from UNDP) and all main cost categories at the input level corresponding to all outcomes and outputs;
9. Assist UNDP country offices with organizing and compiling information that will feed into the project development exercise.
Design M&E Framework for Adaptation Projects supported by UNDP
10. Review UNDP’s current M&E framework for adaptation and identify gaps in the context of recent advances on M&E for Adaptation projects and best practices
11. Draft an updated M&E framework for adaptation projects supported by UNDP in the context of vertical funds
12. Review and suggest improvements on M&E frameworks for adaptation projects designed by Regional Technical Advisors.
UNDP-GEF National Adaptation Plan
Coordinate with 2 countries (to be assigned by UNDP) requesting support defining the scope of technical assistance and identifying national resources and experts;
1. Conduct consultations on NAP technical and financial support needs with national counterparts such as the UNFCCC focal points, UNDP Country offices and multilateral and bilateral partners via video-conferencing and skype and prepare record of discussions consultations conducted per country, in those countries requesting support.
2. Draft scope of technical assistance to be provided by NAP GSP and identify and assist in guiding and deploying regional and national experts to provide support at the country level, in the countries as per point 1 above
3. Guide national and regional experts in the methodology for preparing NAP road-maps and project ideas to advance NAPs in the countries requesting support (identified as above)
4. Conduct follow up consultations and document discussions for the above countries with the respective UNDP Country Office and national government counterparts for follow-up after NAP GSP missions.
Organize and facilitate strategic planning dialogues on the NAP process in 2 countries (to be assigned by UNDP) engaging high level policy makers in the country and prepare stocktaking reports and customized priority activities to advance the NAP, covering a period of at least 1-5 years for project countries.
5. Drafting of two national NAP road-maps/priority activities list for multi-sectoral actions for a period of up 5 years that includes elements for steering, planning, implementing and monitoring the NAP process and to coordinate the process of review and consultation with national NAP teams on the finalization of NAP road-maps.
6. Drafting of stocktaking reports based on desk-review and mission findings including: assessment of the institutional framework for adaptation planning and budgeting and identify relevant actors and mechanisms for the NAP process; compilation of the list of initiatives of relevance to the NAP process based on an audit of key Government project documents as well as interviews with key Government counterparts, donor representation at country level and others; compilation of an assessment of gaps that need filling in order to launch and advance the NAP process in the countries supported; and including the roadmap developed in 5
Assist 4 countries (to be assigned by UNDP) to plan for programmes and develop project ideas to further build capacities in vulnerability assessments and adaptation appraisal techniques to advance the NAPs process
7. Identify opportunities to mobilize multilateral and bilateral sources to support project countries on NAP development with a focus on building on relevant adaptation activities already taking place.
8. Draft and/or revise 4 concept notes/project ideas for resource mobilization for the NAP process in areas such as (but not limited to) conducting comprehensive vulnerability assessments, adopting mechanisms and capacity development for adaptation appraisal, vertical and horizontal cooperation between national and local governance mechanisms and strengthening monitoring and evaluation.
9. Conduct reviews of concepts and proposals based on criteria provided by UNDP.
10. Support the development of technical guidelines for idea, concept and proposal development; and
11. Provision of top quality advisory services to the stakeholders and facilitation of knowledge building and management
Expected Outputs and Deliverables:
The consultant is expected to produce the followings:
UNDP-GEF Global Adaptation Portfolio
UNDP-GEF National Adaptation Plan
The consultant will report to the Technical Lead on NAPs, NAP-GSP and Head of Climate Change Adaptation and/or his designate on a routine basis and coordinate his/her efforts to match the timelines of the assignments. The consultant performance will be evaluated by supervisor on a monthly basis. The performance evaluation must yield satisfaction result or the contract will be terminated based on the recommendation of supervisor.
Duration of the Work: 15 March 2018– 31 December 2018 (up to 185 working days).
Duty Station: Home- based with possible travel.
Qualifications et expériences requises
Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments:
The contract will be based on Daily Fee
Consultant must send a financial proposal based on a Daily Fee. Consultant shall quote an all-inclusive Daily Fee for the contract period. The term “all-inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees, communications, consumables, etc.) that could be incurred by the IC in completing the assignment are already factored into the daily fee submitted in the proposal. Payments shall be done monthly based on actual days worked, upon verification of completion of deliverables and approval by the IC’s supervisor of a Time Sheet indicating the days worked in the period.
In the event of unforeseeable travel not anticipated in this TOR, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and the Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
Travel costs shall be reimbursed at actual but not exceeding the quotation from UNDP approved travel agent. The provided living allowance will not be exceeding UNDP DSA rates. Repatriation travel cost from home to duty station in Bangkok and return shall not be covered by UNDP.
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology;
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as a) responsive/compliant/acceptable; and b) having received the highest score out of set of weighted technical and Interview criteria (70%) and financial criteria (30%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by UNDP for the assignment.
The technical criteria (education, experience, language) will be given a maximum 100 points. Only the top 3 candidates that have achieved a minimum of 70 points (70%) from the review of the education, experience, and language will be invited for an interview
The interview criteria will be given a maximum of 100 points (30%). When combined with the technical review of 70 points, the total combined technical score will be 100 points which is 70% on technical part.
Technical Criteria for Evaluation (Maximum 100 points)
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% of the total technical and interview criteria would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document:
*Incomplete proposals may not be considered. The shortlisted candidates may be contacted and the successful candidate will be notified*
To download form and related documents, please click link below:
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.
Le PNUD ne tolère pas l’exploitation et / ou les atteintes sexuelles, ni aucune forme de harcèlement, y compris le harcèlement sexuel, et / ou toutes formes de discrimination. Tous/tes les candidats/tes selectectionnes /ées devront ainsi se soumettre à de rigoureuses vérifications relatives aux références fournies ainsi qu’à leurs antécédents.