- Le PNUD dans le monde
Le PNUD est prÃ©sent dans 177 pays et territoires.
Voir ci-dessous pour en savoir plus sur le travail de l'organisation sur le terrain.
- Afrique du sud
- Arabie saoudite
- Burkina Faso
- Centrafrique (République centrafricaine)
- Congo (République démocratique du)
- Congo (République du)
- Corée (République populaire démocratique de)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Danemark (Bureau de liaison)
- El Salvador
- Emirats arabes unis
- Finlande (Bureau de liaison)
- Genève (Bureau de liaison)
- Guinée équatoriale
- Ile Maurice et Seychelles
- Iran (République islamique d')
- Japon (Bureau de liaison)
- Kosovo (selon RCSNU 1244)
- L’Ex-République yougoslave de Macédoine
- Norvège (Bureau de liaison)
- Programme palestinien
- République dominicaine
- Russie (Fédération de)
- São Tomé-et-Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Soudan du Sud
- Sri Lanka
- Suède (Bureau de liaison)
- Syrie (République arabe syrienne)
- Tanzanie (République-Unie de)
- Trinité et Tobago
- U.E. (Bureau de liaison)
- A propos du PNUD
- Centre de presse
International VET Expert on validation/recognition of non-formal and informal learning
|Lieu :||Baku, AZERBAÏDJAN|
|Date limite de candidature :||18-Feb-18 (Minuit New York, États-Unis)|
|Catégorie supplémentaire :||Développement durable et réduction de la pauvreté|
|Type de contrat :||Individual Contract|
|Niveau du poste :||International Consultant|
|Langues requises :||Anglais|
|Date de commencement :|
(date à laquelle le candidat sélectionné doit commencer)
|Durée du contrat initial||3 months|
|Durée prévue de la mission :||3 months|
The overall objective of the EU funded “Modernizing Vocational Education and Training (VET) Centers in Azerbaijan” project is to contribute to the modernization of the vocational education and training system in Azerbaijan, enhancing quality, equality, relevance and access in line with European standards and practices. The project outputs are to improve quality of education for establishing labor market oriented VET system in Lankaran Economic Region, and to improve quality of education for increasing attractiveness of VET in Ganja city and neighboring regions, as well as increase employability among the youth.
Objective of the assignment
Currently, the vocational education and training (VET) system of Azerbaijan has many challenges in terms of management, financial support, staff and content of education, material and technical base and infrastructure. In the last decade, the Government has implemented a wide range of activities, State programs, strategies and concepts. In addition, a VET Agency under the Ministry of Education was established in 2016 for developing the VET sector. The main objective of the Agency is to increase the efficiency and relevance of vocational education and training system in Azerbaijan and to produce qualified workforce for the labor market.
Nevertheless, certain problems remain. The infrastructures of the majority of VET centers have not been modernized for decades while educational resources, educational programs, teaching and learning materials used by VET centers are out of date or do not respond to the requirements of a modern VET system. Financial resources are not at the required level and VET centers are not currently able to generate income due to the challenges they face. Social partnership is also very weak. The rate of involvement of professional, administrative and management staff of VET centers in training courses on capacity building are low and quality of training courses are not satisfactory. Legal and regulatory framework on VET is out of date.
It should be noted that both the overall and specific objectives of this action align to recent policy of the Government of Azerbaijan on diversification of economy through the development of non-oil sector, reduction of disparity between regions and Baku, development of human capital. One of the priorities of the Strategic Roadmap for development of Vocational Education and Training in Azerbaijan, approved in 2016, is the “recognition of prior learning gained through formal and informal ways”. Therefore, the project hires an international expert on the recognition and validation who will assess the current situation, support Ministry of Education and State Vocational Education Agency for developing legal framework for recognition, as well as support on creation of responsible institution.
Devoirs et responsabilités
The International Expert will be responsible for:
- Liaise with stakeholders and government institutions responsible to create institutional body for recognition;
- Identify and advice on roles and responsibilities as well as regulatory functions of the institution which will carry the recognition;
- Draft the statue of the to be created institution;
- Advice and draft the mechanism of recognition, as well as roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders.
• Demonstrate commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
· Showing the will to learn and develop professional skills;
· Consistently work with energy and positive, constructive attitude;
· Focus on result for the client and respond positively to feedback;
To be self-sufficient and conduct himself in the highest professional manner in working relations.
Qualifications et expériences requises
• At least Master’s degree in education, law, economy or other related field;
· At least 7 years of working experience of education legislation development in the field of Vocational education and training, especially in recognition and validation of prior learning. Working experience in Azerbaijan is preferable;
· At least 5 years of experience in national qualifications framework development;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and verbally, using generally accepted correspondence and report formats;
• Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills;
• Excellent English written and communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize relevant collected data and findings for the preparation of quality analysis for the project proposal;
• Sharing knowledge and experience, communicating ideas and managing information flow;
• Good ability in partnering and networking;
• Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
The assignment will be a combination of field and home-based works.
The Expert should undertake 7-day mission to Baku within assignment. He/She will report to the Project management unit and UNDP CO Azerbaijan. The payment will be a lump-sum payment inclusive of consultancy fee, DSAs for in-country full consultancy days, round-trip tickets and concomitant terminal expenses.
The consultant should take into consideration the DSA rates in the country based on UNDP rules (maximum 176 USD in Baku).
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodologies:
· Cumulative evaluation that takes into account both financial offer and the technical expertise of the potential candidates
A two-stage procedure will be utilized in evaluating the proposals, with evaluation of the technical component being completed prior to any price component being reviewed and compared. The Price Component will be reviewed only for those individuals whose Technical Component meets the requirements for the assignment. The total number of points which individual may obtain for both components is 100
The technical component, which has a total possible value of 70 points, will be evaluated using the following criteria:
• At least Master’s degree in education, law, economy or other related field; (10 points);
• At least 7 years of working experience of education legislation development in the field of Vocational education and training, especially in recognition and validation of prior learning. Working experience in Azerbaijan is preferable (30 points);
· At least 5 years of experience in national qualifications framework development (20 points);
· Work approach (10 points)
The system accepts only one attachment, so please send both technical and financial proposals as one attachment.
Le PNUD s’engage à recruter un personnel divers en termes de genre, de nationalité et de culture. Nous encourageons de même les personnes issues des minorités ethniques, des communautés autochtones ou handicapées à postuler. Toutes les candidatures seront traitées dans la plus stricte confidentialité.