UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women launched its programme in Pakistan (as UNIFEM) in 2007 following a request by the Government of Pakistan and the United Nations, and is now strategically positioned having developed strong partnerships at both the national and provincial levels. In moving towards the realization of gender equality and women’s empowerment, UN Women Pakistan focuses on delivering on the interlinked programme areas underpinned by support for intergovernmental and normative processes; and by support to gender-responsive initiatives that promote women’s human rights, with a special focus on their economic security, governance/ political participation, freedom from violence, peace and security as well as preparedness and response to humanitarian crises.
UN Women Pakistan is seeking an experienced consultant to provide full-time support, and will be responsible for supporting the office’s communications tasks to ensure high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The consultant is expected to be based in UN Women Pakistan office in Islamabad and perform duties and responsibilities consistent with position requirement and in line with UN Women rules and regulations.
Deberes y responsabilidades
Under the direct supervision of the Country Representative, the Consultant is responsible for the following tasks:
- Redesign UN Women Pakistan Communications/Partnership Strategy and Resource Mobilisation Strategy to be aligned with the Strategic Note 2023-2027
- Contribute to UN Women’s mandate and goals through carrying on communications activities that is aligning with UN Women Communications/Partnership Strategy.
- Guide the communication and partnership team on development and preparation of material for advocacy and awareness-raising including briefing materials and press kits.
- Lead on advocacy, knowledge-sharing events and creation of branding and visibility opportunities.
- Review briefing materials, and press releases and coordinate its dissemination through effective channels;
- Provide support and input to different programme teams on communications aspect when needed.
Deliverables and Timelines
Including but not limited to:
31 October 2022
30 November 2022
15 December 2022
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core VAlues and Competancies:
- Strong relationship and network with media outlets and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Great language and communications skills
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
Experience and required qualifications
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, social science, or other relevant area;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading organization communications and PR portfolio;
- Proven experience in managing public social media account and planning campaigns
- Knowledge and/or previous working experience in gender;
- Previous experience and track record working for multi-national organizations, inter-governmental organizations, or United Nations agencies is an advantage;
- Fluency in English is required.
Selection and evaluation criteria
Applications will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis.
- Technical Qualification (100 points) weight; [70%]
- Financial Proposal (100 points) weight; [30%]
A two-stage procedure is utilized in evaluating the applications, with evaluation of the technical application being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 100. Only the price proposal of the candidates who passed the minimum technical score of 70% of the obtainable score of 100 points in the technical qualification evaluation will be evaluated.
Financial/Price Proposal evaluation
- Only the financial proposal of candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation will be considered and evaluated.
- The total number of points allocated for the price component is 100.
- The maximum number of points will be allotted to the lowest price proposal that is opened/ evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation. All other price proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit electronic application (consolidated as ONE attachment) online, no later than 27 September 2022. Kindly note the system will only allow one attachment, please combine below listed submission package into one.
The Submission package includes:
- Motivation letter
- Personal History Form (P11 which can be downloaded from https://asiapacific.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/2022-04/P_11_form_UNwomen%20-JUL%202021.docx
- Sample of previous writing and design work
- Educational certificate
- Financial proposal: the financial proposal shall specify a monthly professional fee and travel cost (if any).
Payments for this consultancy will be based on the achievement of each deliverable and certification that each has been satisfactorily completed. Payments will not be based on the number of days worked but on the completion of each stated deliverable within the indicated timeframes on satisfactory completion of task.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided?on the basis of?qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women?has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.? All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic. credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)