UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Deberes y responsabilidades
Description of Responsibilities
The intern will work with the Communications Unit to implement the communications strategy for the country office and ensure enhanced visibility, effective communication of results and successes, and strengthened corporate communications partnerships.
Under the overall supervision of the National Communications Officer, the intern’s task will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide support for communications support for programmes, including international day celebrations
- Develop success stories (feature stories, web articles) that capture UN Women’s impact and successes
- Carry our creative writing, copy writing and editing tasks
- Document important programmes in audio-visual materials – photos and videos
- Create eye-catching infographics, charts and diagrams that convey important information
- Design and typeset publications, including factsheets, newsletters, bulletins, cases studies, overviews, and lessons learned documents
- Design branded materials for visibility, including backdrop banners, pull-ups, media walls, t-shirts, etc.
- Develop captivating and compelling social media assets for social media platforms
- Support posting of approved content on social media and the official website
- Provide communications support for programmes, including international day celebrations
The purpose of the Internship Programme is to provide students, individuals who are enrolled in a mandatory national service programme, and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds exposure to working with gender equality issues and a first-hand experience with the day-to-day working environment of UN Women. Under this internship, the intern will have more understanding of the WPS, WPE and WEE Agenda in Nigeria and will be expected to produce an internship report at the end of the Internship programme. Where possible, UN Women will ensure interns can participate in topics which are of particular interest to them.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
- Outstanding team building, organizational and communication skills.
- Capacity to work with diverse partners, including governments, donors, partners and civil society.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with people from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- University degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- Advanced skills in Adobe Suite, particularly, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effect, and InDesign
- Advanced skills in Microsoft word, excel, e-mail, web-based applications and databases.
- Knowledge of UN Women/UNDP rules and procedures is an advantage Meet one of the following:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation; or
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements
- Be enrolled in a mandatory national service programme of which the internship may form a part.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage
Interns who are not in receipt of financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UN Women to partially subsidize their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.
- All applicants must submit a completed and signed P.11 form with their application. The P11 Form can be downloaded from the following website: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form.doc
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we can ONLY contact successful candidates.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of school enrollment or degree, a scanned copy of their passport/national ID (as applicable).