Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
The UNDP Blue Resilience project is a global governance project, funded by the Norwegian Blue Justice Initiative that offers capacity and technical support to national partners, within regional contexts, to strengthen cooperative institutional responses to criminality of the fisheries sector. It focuses primarily on support on progress in SDG 16 towards realization of SDG 14, harnessing digital solutions thereto.
The project supports operationalization of the International Ministerial Declaration against Transnational Organized Crime in the Global Fishing Industry, which expanded from 9 initial supporting nations in 2018 to 51.
The Blue Justice Community (BJ Community) is a secure digital platform that facilitates communication and cooperation between invited developing country government representatives (‘users’) by providing key services: knowledge, connection and support.
The BJ Community is owned by the Norwegian government (Norwegian Coastal Administration: Barents Watch) and is utilized for capacity and technical support to national partners under the BJI. The BJ Community is administered by UNDP Blue Resilience and, as such, UNDP actively encourages new users, facilitates the ability of users to access and effectively utilize the BJ Community’s services, including the technical support to use the vessel tracking service, and uploads curated relevant knowledge to the BJ Community (including e-learning) material towards strengthening inter-agency user cooperation within and between countries.
The incumbent of this post will report directly to the Blue Resilience project manager, NRO.
Deberes y responsabilidades
Scope of Work:
- Coordinate collaboration and maintain strong relations between UNDP, the Barents Watch and the BJI Secretariat regarding the functionality and development of the BJ Community platform and provide strategic inputs to discussions on development of the BJ Community as between the UNDP and the Norwegian government as funders.
- Assist new users with registration, orientation and optimal utilization of the BJ Platform; facilitate necessary technical support to registered users of the platform, including by organizing and facilitating workshops in coordination with the Barents Watch; and record and report technical challenges experienced by users of the BJ Community platform and coordinate with technical team to resolve.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on the BJ Community (key services and progress) to existing and potential users, including audiences at senior management and technical level and external audiences (e.g., at public webinars, engagements with countries, and partner events, etc.)
- Support project manager in coordinating integrated support to national partners on the BJ Community platform with support to same through the other project activities and support the assessment, management, and monitoring of country requests for support under the Blue Resilience project, particularly in relation to the BJ Community platform
- Compile and maintain data associated with use of the BJ Community platform and provide necessary results and reports to project manager on activities pertaining to the BJ Community platform.
- Prepare and provide inputs to strategic documents, briefing notes, speeches and communications material pertaining to the Blue Resilience project particularly in relation to the BJ Community platform.
- Support the activities, outreach, and implementation of the Blue Resilience project, including by contributing to workplans, and to the project substantively and operationally as required
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
|Postgraduate university degree in international relations or related field.
|Min. years of relevant
|Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section