UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Executive Associate will support the management of the office of HOA and work in close collaboration with the operations and programme team.
Deberes y responsabilidades
Under the direct supervision of Operations Manager, Executive Associate will undertake the following tasks:
(1) Ensure effective and efficient functioning of the office of HOA of the NCO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Efficient and discreet management of the HOA’s schedules.
- Prepare brief background notes, bio-profiles of persons or organizations for the scheduled meetings.
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with the concerned persons on behalf of the HOA.
- Provide administrative and coordination support to HoA as required
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance, and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Management of the layout of the HOA’s office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times.
- Maintenance of the filing system of all official correspondence ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of professional filing system both in hard copies and e-copies.
(2) Ensure provision of effective administrative support to the UN Women Nepal Country office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by CO team when communicating with Government and other external partners.
- Use of other office management system e.g. common calendar of events, alerting about emergency priorities, flow of information and coordination for approval of different documents.
- Facilitation of information sharing with Program and Operations Teams.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports and other documents to the HOA.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes and minutes of meetings when requested, brief translations when required.
(3) Provide administrative and coordination support to , coordination and communication focal points /teams at NCO, as and when required.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, events etc ; and organizing of events/workshops
- Support with preparation of minutes/summaries as requested
- Make travel arrangements, including travel requisitions and support to colleagues for Travel approvals (TRF), visa processing and claims
- Upon travel request from colleagues, take and make competitive chart to check the low quote by LTA Travel agencies
- Provide secretarial support and inputs on document designing and presenting with infographic skills as per UN Women standards
(4) Ensures the provision of front-desk service, telephone communication services and general administrative support services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UN/UN-Women.
- Collection of information and update of the UN telephone list and UN Directory, Addresses of the Government, International Organizations, Embassies, and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and other important contacts.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office including regular checking of NCO registry email and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required.
- Issuance of gate passes, taking care of registry/incoming & outgoing mail, documents.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing preparing bills related to office work.
- Effective management of office supplies and stationery, publications, and resource materials of NCO in consultation with relevant staff.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
Key Performance Indicators
- Strengthened efficiency of the HOA’s office and reception
- Effective coordination and administrative support to the UN Women Nepal Country
- Efficient front-desk service, telephone communication services and general administrative and programmatic support services
- Strengthened management support
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
Education and certification:
Application Procedure (Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the complete documents will not be considered for further assessment). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Motivation letter
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11), which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment/application-process
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance against Sexual exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and sexual harassment (SH). Everyone is responsible for preventing sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), and all UN personnel must adhere to the standards of conduct that preserves PSEA principles (both during work hours and outside work hours). All selected candidates will, therefore, go through a safe hiring process.
UN Women retain the rights to contract referees directly. UN Women is committed to achieve work force diversity (in term of gender, nationality, minority groups, caste/ethnic groups, Person with Disability etc.) and have policy to have gender balance among staff at all levels. Qualified female candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantage and socially excluded groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with highest confidentiality.