UNDP, as an integral part of its mission to fight poverty and improve the lives of people around the world, is committed to being open, transparent and accountable. In 2015, as part of this commitment UNDP established a Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) to ensure optimal and consistent provision of operational services in the areas of finance, HR, procurement, administration to UNDP Offices worldwide, and to provide training to UNDP Offices where needed. The Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) is part of the Bureau for Management Services (BMS).
Based in Copenhagen, the GSSC HR/Operations team provides operational interlocutor support from an HR, administrative and operational perspective to the main pillar of GSSC departments which provide GSSC services to clients and partners. It acts as an efficient and client-oriented “go-to” team for implementation of services and activities. The Operations Team is, amongst others, responsible for delivery of services related to financial management, procurement, inventory and asset management, travel and logistics as well as human resources management and protocol services. This back-office support is provided to GSSC colleagues serving in Copenhagen and in the regional locations: Addis Ababa, Amman, Bangkok, Dakar, Istanbul and Panama City.
Under the overall guidance of the HR Analyst (Operations), the incumbent provides support to client services and office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes and supports the execution of varied and inter-related operational and logistical activities ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Operations Associate promotes a client, quality, and results-oriented approach.
The Operations Associate will work closely with colleagues in the GSSC HR/Operations Team as well as with other units in GSSC. S(he) will also have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in other UNDP units in the UN City and other UN agencies staff.
Deberes y responsabilidades
1. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports and support in asset certification processes
- Focal point for daily asset management and go-to person for staff requests
- Focal point for maintenance of inventory log, files, and records relevant to office maintenance
- Planning, purchase, and maintenance of office stationery supplies
- Any other administrative and operational tasks and support as required
2. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Arrangements of conferences, workshops, retreats, as applicable
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables, and reports
- Archiving and maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents
- Process actions/transactions in ERP system as applicable and as required;
3. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings; including arrangement of vehicle transportation (booking of UNDP Driver)
- Coordinate the GSSC HR Operations with DHL courier service and mail distribution.
- Preparation of briefing and presentation materials, background information and documentation for meetings
- Support GSSC HR Operations with leave monitoring and maintaining leave and absence records; as applicable
4. Ensures effective support to Protocol Services on achievement of the following results:
- Assist with Protocol Support Services provided to UNDP staff located in Copenhagen including following up on protocol and/or visa matters with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as required
- Filing of Protocol cases in electronic document management system (CARE)
- Updating internal logs and staff lists related to residence permits and registration with Protocol
- Support to team colleagues in enhancing and maintaining SOPs and FAQs related to residence permits and registration with Protocol
- Arrange for customs clearance arrangements and preparation of all necessary documentation
5. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Provision of inputs to the office’s administrative business processes mapping and support to implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization.
The Operations Associate (NPSA6) will be reporting to Operations Associate under the overall leadership of the HR Analyst (Operations).
- LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
- LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
- LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
- LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
- LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
Administration & Operations / Assets Management:
- Knowledge of policy & procedures on PP&E; maintain Asset Management; develop supporting tools for assets certification perform analytical review of AM reports and asset information to ensure completeness and accuracy of asset information.
Administration & Operations / Inventory management:
- Each office to ensure sufficient inventory items are available for use as well as reporting for items which are beyond the corporate threshold of $5K and above.
Administration & Operations / Documents and records management:
- Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
Business Development / Knowledge Generation:
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
Business Management / Communication:
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Business Management / Digital Awareness and Literacy:
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Business Management / Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs.
- Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
- Secondary Education is required
- A University Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration and any other related fields, will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum six (6) years (with Secondary Education), or, minimum three (3) years (with bachelor’s degree) in HR, administration or programme support service at the national or international level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of administrative best practices and procedures.
- Experience related to logistical support with on-boarding and off-boarding of personnel including administration of office ID, email address creation, office space, telephone extension and office ICT equipment would be desirable.
- Prior experience related to support with event management incl. workshops, trainings, retreats or meetings would be an asset.
- Knowledge related to protocol services or Foreign Service is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of ERP system (i.e. Oracle Cloud, SAP or PeopleSoft) and electronic document management filing systems would be an asset.
- UN experience would be desirable.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of other UN working languages would be an asset
Important applicant information
All posts in the NPSA categories are subject to local recruitment.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Possibility for Roster.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.