- PNUD en el mundo
El PNUD estÃ¡ presente en 177 paÃses y territorios. Aprenda mÃ¡s sobre el trabajo de la organizaciÃ³n en cada paÃs.
- Arabia Saudita
- Bosnia y Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Congo (República del)
- Congo (República Democrática del)
- Corea (República Popular Democrática de)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Dinamarca (Oficina Rep.)
- El Salvador
- Emiratos Arabes Unidos
- Finlandia (Oficina Rep.)
- Geneva (Oficina Rep.)
- Guinea Bissau
- Guinea Ecuatorial
- Irán (República Islámica de)
- Japón (Oficina Rep.)
- Kosovo (según Res 1244 del Consejo de Seguridad ONU)
- Lao (RDP)
- Macedonia (ex República Yugoslava de)
- Mauricio y Seychelles
- Moldova (República de)
- Noruega (Oficina Rep.)
- Papua Nueva Guinea
- Programa de Asistencia al Pueblo Palestino
- República Centroafricana
- República Dominicana
- Rusia (Federación de)
- Santo Tomé y Príncipe
- Sierra Leona
- Siria (República Árabe)
- Sri Lanka
- Sudán del Sur
- Suecia (Oficina Rep.)
- Tanzania (República Unida de)
- Trinidad y Tabago
- Unión Europea (Oficina Rep.)
- Acerca del PNUD
- Centro de Prensa
Programme Intern (3 intern positions)
|Publicado en nombre de :|
|Localidad :||Istanbul, Turquía|
|Fecha límite de postulación :||09-Feb-18 (Medianoche Nueva York, Estados Unidos)|
|Tipo de contrato :||Internship|
|Nivel de puesto :||Intern|
|Idiomas requeridos :||Inglés|
|Duración del contrato inicial :||6 months|
|Duración esperada del puesto :||March 2018-September 2018|
UN Women Background:
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action, and peace and security.
UN Women Regional Office for the Europe and Central Asia (ECA) region was established in Istanbul, Turkey, at the beginning of 2014 as a part of the UN Women’s new regional architecture. Much progress has been made since the establishment, but at the same time, the Regional Office faces high expectations and demands from partners at both regional and country levels as well as from UN Women Field Offices. To this end, UN Women ECA Regional Office (RO) would like to bring on board an intern to learn and provide support for relevant regional programmes and initiatives, particularly in relation to UN Women’s work on issues related to the normative work of the Regional Office.
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Regional Director of the ECA RO and direct supervision of ECA RO Programme Specialist, the Intern will work in close collaboration with the Programme Team in the RO, ensuring timely support in carrying out proper processes related to advancing the normative work of the office as well as other cross-cutting areas of knowledge management, research, and analysis.
Deberes y responsabilidades
The intern is expected to undertake the following specific tasks:
· Provide support to organizing Regional Programme Appraisal Committee (RPAC) meetings and keeping the files updated;
· Support ECA RO programme staff on monitoring and reporting activities;
· Support in a review of available documents and researches to contribute to programme development and management, as requested, on topics related to the thematic areas of work of UN Women, with strong focus on the normative work;
· Compile information from different sources and produce analytical synopses;
· Collect information and data to be used for preparation of briefing notes, talking points, and reports as required;
· Contribute to data entry and database updating/revision programme related documents;
· Support preparations for regional and sub-regional activities and events;
· Support in editing and revision of reports, briefs, and other documents as needed;
· Provide support on additional tasks and projects related to the RO Programme team’s regional work.
· Respect for Diversity
· Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
· Creative Problem Solving
· Effective Communication
· Inclusive Collaboration
· Stakeholder Engagement
· Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
· Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills;
· Ability to work with different actors, including through remote contact;
· Ability to multi-task and address competing priorities;
· Ability to produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner;
· Ability to work effectively in independent and collaborative settings;
· Ability to take initiatives, ask questions, and contribute substantively;
· Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Power Point;
· Ability to use basic functions of Excel to analyze and visualize data and findings.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
· The intern should be pursuing academic studies in gender studies, human rights, international relations, or other similar subject at the university level;
· Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required; Working knowledge of another UN language a distinct advantage.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UN Women.
· UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
· Selected applicants must provide the signed internship application, two letters of recommendation, proof of health insurance and school enrollment, passport, and visa (if applicable).
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment
UN Women Internship Policy:
1.) Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); (c) Have graduated with a university degree (as (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
2.) UN Women internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
3.) All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
4.) UN Women accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
5.) The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
6.) Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UN WOMEN during the period of the internship or for six months immediately following the expiration date of internship;
7.) The intern must provide proof of enrollment in a health insurance plan, proof of school enrollment, a scanned copy of his/her passport, two letters of recommendation, and application to the internship position.
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.