UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Unstereotype Alliance is a thought and action platform convened by UN Women, that uses advertising as a force for good to drive positive change. It seeks to eradicate harmful gender-based stereotypes. The alliance is focused on empowering women in all their diversity (race, class, age, ability, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, language, education, etc.) and addressing harmful masculinities to help create a gender equal world. The Alliance brings together a powerful global coalition of industry leaders behind the common goal of eliminating gender bias and harmful gender stereotypes from their advertising.
The Unstereotype Alliance seeks to enlist a Web Design Consultant to create an online research hub containing studies and how-to-tools for its members and for the public with the goal of making the Unstereotype Alliance a one-stop shop for eliminating gender bias and intersectionality in corporate culture, media and advertising. The consultant will also be improving the overall design of the Unstereotype Alliance website, troubleshoot, provide technical advice, create landing pages with a view of setting the framework movnig forward, as well as the standard operating procedure for updating and maintaining website content for use of the Unstereotype Alliance Secretariat.
Deberes y responsabilidades
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Global Coordinator and the National Expansion Lead, the Web Design consultant will deliver the following:
Content management system (CMS):
- Plan the improvement of the existing website structure and information architecture in consultation with the Unstereotype Alliance Secretariat and UN Women ICT
- Design landing pages for Unstereotype Alliance national chapters
- Update and improve the overall design of the Unstereotype Alliance website
- Redesign and make the “Research” section of the Unstereotype Alliance website searchable, user-friendly and easy to update by Unstereotype Alliance Secretariat / UN Women staff.
- Configure and install content modules on website pages as needed.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with UN Women ICT at HQ to resolve them.
- Code and publish content (news items, feature stories, press releases, publication pages, event announcements, photos, audio-visual content etc.) to the website.
- Provide guidance on technical requirements for procurement of web design and development companies as needed
- Provide training to Unstereotype Alliance Secretariat staff on how to use Sitecore for their day-to-day communications work.
- Improved website, with added new landing pages for Unstereotype Alliance national chapters; January 2020
- Revamped and searchable research page on the Unstereotype Alliance website (Up to 30 days); January 2020
- Website set up and tested. Provide a report by end of February 2020
- Unstereotype Alliance Secretariat Team trained on the use of the web platform approved by UN Women HQ technical team and website content adding/editing; April 2020
Note: The timeframe for the work of the Web management consultant is tentatively planned from January 2020 to end April 2020.
Payment will be made as per the payment schedule to be specified in the contract upon (i) satisfactory completion of tasks; (ii) provision of deliverables specified in the ToRs; and (iii) submission of the respective time-sheet and invoice.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:
- Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to relevant discussions;
- Ability to work in a team and respects diversity;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Pro-active, self-directed, enthusiastic.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (web management or communications). Bachelor’s degree in combination with an additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience with managing websites using web-based content management systems, preferably Sitecore.
- Proven experience with web taxonomies to categorize and tag web content, preferably with an understanding of gender-related issues.
- Proven experience in coding HTML and CSS according to the latest web standards.
- Experience providing technical support to web CMS users.
- Fluency in English required.
The individual should submit a Statement of Good Health certifying that the individual is in good health. In addition, he/she should take the mandatory learning courses – details will follow before the commencement of the work.