- PNUD en el mundo
El PNUD estÃ¡ presente en 177 paÃses y territorios. Aprenda mÃ¡s sobre el trabajo de la organizaciÃ³n en cada paÃs.
- Arabia Saudita
- Bosnia y Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Congo (República del)
- Congo (República Democrática del)
- Corea (República Popular Democrática de)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Dinamarca (Oficina Rep.)
- El Salvador
- Emiratos Arabes Unidos
- Finlandia (Oficina Rep.)
- Geneva (Oficina Rep.)
- Guinea Bissau
- Guinea Ecuatorial
- Irán (República Islámica de)
- Japón (Oficina Rep.)
- Kosovo (según Res 1244 del Consejo de Seguridad ONU)
- Lao (RDP)
- Macedonia (ex República Yugoslava de)
- Mauricio y Seychelles
- Moldova (República de)
- Noruega (Oficina Rep.)
- Papua Nueva Guinea
- Programa de Asistencia al Pueblo Palestino
- República Centroafricana
- República Dominicana
- Rusia (Federación de)
- Santo Tomé y Príncipe
- Sierra Leona
- Siria (República Árabe)
- Sri Lanka
- Sudán del Sur
- Suecia (Oficina Rep.)
- Tanzania (República Unida de)
- Trinidad y Tabago
- Unión Europea (Oficina Rep.)
- Acerca del PNUD
- Centro de Prensa
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist - National
|Publicado en nombre de :|
|Localidad :||Beirut - Home Based, Líbano|
|Fecha límite de postulación :||23-Nov-20 (Medianoche Nueva York, Estados Unidos)|
|Tipo de contrato :||Individual Contract|
|Nivel de puesto :||National Consultant|
|Idiomas requeridos :||Árabe Inglés|
|Fecha de comienzo del contrato :|
(Fecha en que se espera que comience el candidato seleccionado)
|Duración del contrato inicial :||20 working days|
|Duración esperada del puesto :||1 month and 6 days (26 November -31 December 2020)|
El PNUD está comprometido con lograr la diversidad de su personal en términos de género, nacionalidad y cultura. Se alienta por igual a las personas que pertenecen a grupos minoritarios, a pueblos indígenas o que tienen alguna discapacidad a presentar su candidatura. Todas las solicitudes se tratarán con la mayor confidencialidad.
UNDP no tolera la explotación y el abuso sexual, ningún tipo de acoso, incluido el acoso sexual, ni la discriminación. Por lo tanto, todos los candidatos seleccionados serán sometidos a una rigurosa verificación de referencias y antecedentes.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors. In order to promote women’s roles in conflict management and prevention, between 2019 and 2020, UN Women established local women’s mediation networks in South Lebanon and in Palestinian refugee camps. Network members have received a range of trainings on conflict analysis and identification, rapport building, active listening, negotiation, facilitation and leadership skills.
The networks have also been supported to carryout community interventions based on each community’s relevant needs. This pilot project was developed to support the implementation of the Lebanon National Action Plan on UNSCR 1325 on Women, Peace and Security to increase women’s engagement in conflict prevention and peacebuilding. UN Women seeks a monitoring and evaluation specialist to undertake a rapid assessment to assess the project’s outcomes and impact where possible of the project on beneficiaries. This assignment will also seek to understand challenges encountered and to offer lessons learned to inform the project’s expansion in 2021
Deberes y responsabilidades
Objective of the Assignment: UN Women would like to engage the services of a National Consultant to conduct an independent rapid assessment of the project “Women’s Engagement in Conflict Prevention and Management in Lebanon and Establishment of a National Mediation Network and Early Warning Systems”. The Consultant, with technical expertise and substantial prior experience in monitoring and evaluation is expected to support on-ground data collection, coordination, organization of meetings and focus group discussions, and liaise with other relevant stakeholders on an as needed basis.
Rapid Assessment Scope: The rapid assessment will analyze the diversity of activities and initiatives that compose the full range and portfolio within the Women’s Engagement in Conflict Prevention and Management in Lebanon and Establishment of a National Mediation Network and Early Warning Systems project.
The rapid assessment will adopt a ‘gender equality lens’ through which it will explore (a) the extent to which the project has increased the representation and leadership of women in formal and informal conflict detection, prevention and management efforts and (b) how different types of activities contributed to the achievement of the this goal.
Rapid Assessment Questions:
The assessment will address the criteria of Project Relevance, Effectiveness, Efficiency, Inclusiveness, Sustainability and Impact. More specifically, the assessment will address the following key issues:
• Relevance: Were the programmatic strategies appropriate to the context and did they address the identified needs of beneficiaries?
• Effectiveness: To what extent did the project reach the planned results and how sustainable are results? What was not achieved in full and why?
• Efficiency: Have resources (financial, human, technical support, etc.) been allocated strategically to achieve the project outcomes?
• Inclusiveness: To what extent did the project include stakeholders and beneficiaries in project planning and implementation and have their inputs been incorporated and addressed? Were marginalized and vulnerable women and women’s groups part of the planning and implementation?
• Sustainability: Are national partners committed to the continuation of the project (or some its elements) after funding ends?
• Significant Change: What significant changes and outcomes (positive, negative, planned and unplanned) that occurred as a result of supported efforts and strengthened capacities and leadership of women affected by the project?
Approach, Methods and Process:
The rapid assessment will be a transparent and participatory process involving relevant UN Women stakeholders and partners involved with the project This is a rapid assessment however, UN Women’s Ethical code of conduct and principles for evaluation and WHO ethical guidelines on conducting research with the victims of violence to be followed: UN Women Evaluation Consultants Agreement Form, UNEG Ethical Guidelines and Code of Conduct for Evaluation in the UN system. The assessment should use appropriate gender responsive methodology and use both qualitative and quantitative data.
The rapid assessment process can be divided in 3 phases:
1) Inception, which will involve preliminary desk review of documents, development of rapid assessment parameters, inception meetings, and finalization of rapid assessment methodology and the workplan
2) Data collection and analysis, including desk research; online meetings, interviews and focus group discussions with UN Women, beneficiaries and other stakeholders; drafting preliminary findings
3) Interpretation and synthesis stage, focusing on data analyzed, interpretation of findings and drafting of a Rapid Assessment Report
The following will be the duties and responsibilities of the National Consultant:
• Conduct preliminary desk review of background documents, project related documents, reviews, progress updates, etc; and participate in preliminary discussions with UN Women. Prepare an inception report, providing detailed assessment methodology and workplan
• Carry out data collection using the appropriate tools identified in the inception report such as surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews, meetings with stakeholders and etc.
• Lead the development of the rapid assessment report key findings, challenges, lessons learned. , with inputs from the Women, Peace and Security Specialist.
Habilidades y experiencia requeridas
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology: Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the financial evaluation.
Criteria Weight Technical: 70% (70 points)
Financial: Lowest Financial Proposal: 30% (30 points)
The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
'Lowest Bid Offered' refers to the lowest price offered by Offerors scoring at least 49 points in the technical evaluation
Interested Individual Consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
The above-mentioned documents should be merged in a standalone file including all them, since the online application submission does only permit to upload one file per application. Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification.