The UNDP Country Office in Rwanda has recently started an effort to reinforce the role of the Communication Unit within the organization and the implementation of their mandate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Communications Unit, and working jointly with the whole team, the interns are responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
- In collaboration with the Communication Officer and the ICT Manager, assist with the follow up to the current web redesign process, ensuring timeliness and quality of agreed deliverables.
- Providing and editing content;
- Support on the research of updated information;
- Translation from Kinyarwanda to English to the information captured from the field.
- Shifting its contents from the current location to the newly developed intranet based on Sharepoint;
- Support on the classification of the new materials as well as timely contribute to the requirements for the Web and Social media tools.
- Edited content for the web timely uploaded;
- Translations required timely submitted;
- Linkage ensured between all communication tools (Web-social media);
- Media monitoring timely produced and distributed to the appropriate audiences;
- Audio Visual Archive hosted in the intranet;
- Audio Visual materials well maintained and up-to-date.
- Good understanding of Communication within international organizations.
- Strong understanding of communication.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, sound judgment and good team spirit, communication and teamwork.
- Good computer skills, including proficiency in word processing and other commercial software packages.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
Bachelor or equivalent preferably in Communications or ICT and currently pursuing a master’s programme (if a candidate is graduating before the internship period begins, he is no longer eligible).
- Specific knowledge on social media;
- Specific knowledge and prior experience on website designed.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Excellent writing skills mainly in English.
- Experience in translation from Kinyarwanda to English.
- Interns are considered gratis personnel. They are not staff members;
- Interns may not be sought or accepted as substitutes for staff to be recruited against authorized posts.
- Interns may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship. Applicants for internship must show proof of valid medical and life/accident insurance for the duty station for which they will work.